Next Encounter

~Haruka~

You were walking home with your childhood friend, Makoto. He told you that the two of you had to stop by his friend's house to pick up his little siblings, Ran and Ren, first.

When you reached your destination, Makoto didn't think about ringing the doorbell and motioned you to the back door of the house leading to the hallway. "Doesn't this count as trespassing, Mako-chan..?" you questioned, worriedly. "It's okay, (Y/N)-chan. After all, I'm sure he won't even bother to open the door," your tall friend replied. "We're coming in, Haru!!"

The hallway was empty. The two of you walked over to the living room to see Ran and Ren singing to the Attack on Titan opening song. You turned your head to Makoto, sending him a "can I sing with them, too?" face, but he sent you a "no" in return. "Where is Haru anyways?" he sighed. Makoto entered in one of the rooms with you following him behind his back. Apparently, you walked inside a room you shouldn't go in. In front of you was a black-haired man sitting in the tub with a blank expression. The giant extended out a hand for him, saying, "Hello, Haru-chan."

"Stop calling me '-chan' already," he grunted and took his hand, revealing his toned muscles before your very eyes. You gasped, "S-Such perfect abs..! S-Such perfect triceps...! S-Such perfect--" You stopped when you realized at that moment, this "Haru" person was the guy that crushed your dreams of happily collecting seashells. "You. You're the guy who dropped all my seashells," you said with a deadly dark aura around you. Haru raised a brow. "You're the girl with the binoculars at the beach," he pointed at you.

"Wait, what. No, I can explain--"

"Jeez." He went out of the bath and dried himself.

Makoto laughed. "Well, that's Nanase Haruka for you, (Y/N)-chan!"

~Makoto~

The following week of practice, you volunteered to bring your little brother to the Swimming Club again. You only felt like doing so because you wanted to see the coach, Tachibana Makoto.

You sat on the bench in front of the pool, watching the tall swimmer encouraging your sibling to come into the water, but continuously shakes his head, stepping back as the teacher extends his arms out. You sighed and rose, approaching him and crouching to his level. "You know, Dai-chan, there's nothing to fear. Don't resist the water," you said in a monotonous voice. Saying that, Makoto let out a soft chuckle that made your cheeks turn light pink. "Ah, gomen, gomen! You sounded just like my best friend," he replied. Then, Makoto looked at your brother. "Your sister is right, Dai-chan. The water is willing to be your friend." He sent him a big smile. "Now will you join us in the pool?"

Your sibling nodded shyly and took a hold of the coach's hand. The green-haired man carefully set him on the pool, his arms still enveloping his tiny body. "The water feels nice, doesn't it?" The child grinned shortly and shook his head in agreement.

When practice was over, you bought a bottle of Pocket Sweat before leaving with your brother. "Um, (Y/Full/Name)-san, wasn't it?" you heard a gentle voice from a short distance. You turned around and saw the swim coach in causal clothes. "Y-Yes," you stuttered. He walked over to you and got the same beverage as you but in a can. Awkward silence filled the atmosphere. You sighed and tried to open your drink. Quickly, he responded by wrapping his huge hands over yours and helped you open it. He laughed "There, all better! Ah--wait, did I hurt your hand?" he said with concern. You shook your head. "U-Um... T-Tachibana Makoto, was it?"

He grinned. "Yup, that's me!"

~Rin~

One of your friends from your school, Gou, asked you to come with the swim club to some joint practice in a place called Samezuka Academy. You agreed to go with Gou since you had nothing else to do after school.