Strong Feelings - Makoto One Shot

Hey guys~! I decided to write a one shot for Makoto, since I was supposed to make one a couple of days ago for his birthday but apparently I had writer's block so yeah. But author-cchi has the inspiration now so, please enjoy~ ^-^

Also, please continue to give me more suggestions on the future scenarios and one shorts as well that I could be writing! I'd love to hear all the ideas!

This chappie will be in Narrator's POV just so you know :3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You had been dating (boy's name), who had been your crush ever since you met him, for a long time,  and he finally accepted your feelings and chose to go out with you. However, you felt like he was not cherishing you and your relationship lately. You felt like he only treated you like the rest of the other girls at school, sometimes he even payed more attention to them than you. But, you tried to hold on, because your feelings for him are still strong.

"Hey, (boy's name)-kun... um, the summer festival is in a week. I was just wondering... if you could come with me, and you know, spend time together as a couple," you shyly suggested to him.

He shrugged. "Sure! If you want to, (Y/N)-chan." He ruffled your hair and kissed your cheek. "Now I gotta go. See ya tomorrow!"

You smiled and looked down. Inside, your heart beat in excitement. After a long time, you had fixed a date with your boyfriend, hoping that your bond between the two of you can deepen.

Once classes were dismissed, you joyfully skipped to the local playground, where you and your childhood friend, Makoto, always go to hang out, since you go to separate schools. When you saw him, your face plastered a huge smile. "Makoto-kun!" You waved your hand in the air as you approached him. The gentle giant looked down at you and grinned.

"(Y/N)-chan! I felt like it's been a long time since I've seen you," he said. "Maybe it's just because I miss you."

You giggled. "It's only been 8 hours since we last saw each other. Anyways, I finally got (boy's name) to go with me to the summer festival this week!"

Makoto forced a smile. "Really? Well, that's good for you! I'm glad you're starting to make things work out more with your boyfriend, (Y/N)." He gestured for the two of you to exit the playground and buy some (any food you crave right now) before parting ways.

~Time skip to the day of the summer festival~

The day of the festival finally arrived, and you were hyped up. This year, since you are going to go out with your boyfriend for the first time, you wanted to make yourself ten times prettier. For once, you wore your (favorite color) yukata, and did your hair in a bun, attaching a matching flower hair clip on the side. You viewed yourself in the mirror, twirling around. "I hope this year will be a great one," you murmured to yourself, placing your hands on your chest, where your heart is.

When you reached the meeting spot, just beside the staircase that leads to the shrine, where (boy's name) and you are supposed to meet up, you quickly called him, mentioning that you are there already, but to your downfall, he replied that he will arrive a few hours later because of a reason that seemed like he made up. You sighed and told him that you'll be fine, then hung up.

Suddenly, a tall man with green hair approached you. "(Y/N)-chan?"

You looked up and saw Makoto, wearing a loose, green yukata. "Makoto-kun! You made it to the festival!"

He nodded. "Where's (boy's name)? I thought he was going to be with you."

Your smile quickly changed into a frown. You clenched your fists discreetly, doing your best to maintain your composure. "H-He said he'll arrive a little late... D-Don't worry about me, Makoto-kun. Go have fun and make the most out of your time here. I'll just stay right here and wait for him."

"Huh? You're going to stay here alone? Then, I'll stay with you until he comes, okay? A-Ah, hang on." Makoto rushed to a nearby booth to buy something, and came back with two sticks of fried squid. "Here," he said as he handed one to you.

You blushed and took it. "Thank you..."

"Ready?" he asked. You shook your head in agreement. "Itadakimasu~" the two of you said in unison, biting on the delicious food. "Mmm~"

"(Y/N)-chan, do you want to catch some goldfish, or maybe toss some rings?" Makoto suggested.

"Y-Yea, but... (boy's name) might come--"

"That's okay. I'll play the game for you, and I could give you your prize, okay?" With that, he left, and from your position, you watched your loyal friend play multiple games just to win for your sake. When he came back, he was holding a plastic bag of water with the goldfish swimming inside. "Here you go."

You thanked him once again, watching the tiny fish move around. "I haven't received a word from (boy's name) yet," you said with a raspy voice, checking your phone screen for the time, which was 8:15pm, 45 minutes before the fireworks begin.

Makoto sighed and looked at the starry sky. There was nothing he could do to make your time at the summer festival feel worth it. The two of you waited in silence for the next 30 minutes. You watched the people pass by, giving you pitiful looks, because of the the expression on your face. You even heard one say, "Wasn't that girl in that exact same place ever since the festival started?" The other person with her just shushed her. That made you feel even worse.

It was 8:59pm. Only one more minute till the fireworks start. Your heart began to ache, almost unmanageable. You could hear the people count down, "40, 39, 38, 37..." Makoto looked at you with a guilty expression. "(Y/N)..."

"I-I thought... I t-thought he would come..." You inhaled deeply. "I've waited for this day to come, the day that I would go out with the guy I love on a date at the summer festival. I-I thought I had already grasped the opportunity, but I found out that it was n-nothing..." You turned your head to Makoto, showing him your badly hurt eyes as you were on the verge of crying.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1!!"

Fireworks exploded into the dark sky,enlightening the surroundings for a second. When you were about to cover your eyes with the tears that were about to slip, Makoto grabbed your wrists and crashed his lips onto yours. At first, you were not able to comprehend what just happened, but you soon understood and melted into his tender kiss as the fireworks in the background kept soaring up and exploding.

When you pulled away for air, you both could see each other's faces in a deep shade of red. You stared at each other intently for a while. "M-Makoto, you..."

"(Y/N), there's something I've been keeping a secret from you, and I think this is the right time to say it." He took a deep breath. "I like you, (Y/N), from the bottom of my heart. I know this may be something wrong to say, because you belong to someone else already, but I said that just to let you know that you are loved and cared."

You couldn't resist but to let tears slip, tears of happiness. "Thank you, Makoto." You chuckled a bit and embraced him tightly.

"I like you too."