Don't Mind Me.

Maya~

I shut my bathroom light off before leaving the bathroom. My overhead light is on and Christian isn't in bed so I'm confused. I'm leaving for work and he's not in bed.

I take my bag to the kitchen. Christian stands in the kitchen reading my bottle of prenatal vitamins. I take the bottle from him, "What are you doing awake?" I ask, twisting the cap.

He holds up a green drink. "What is that?"

"A smoothie for you."

"It's green."

"Green smoothies are a thing."

"And they never taste good. I'm not drinking that."

"Try it."

"What's in it?"

"Spinach, celery, lemon juice, part of a mango, yogurt, and milk."

"That doesn't even sound good."

"It is, I tried it."

"You're not the one with food aversions right now."

"Will you please try it?"

I find a straw and take a drink. It's not bad but it's also not good. "I don't love it."

I set the cup down and opened the garage door to start my car remotely. I turn back to him, "There is no good reason for you to be up right now," I tell him quietly.

"Let's call it preparing for the future."

"Let's get to 12 weeks and then we can start talking about that."

I grab a light jacket along with my hospital quarter zip. I grab my bags but he's adamant about taking them.

"You're halfway there," he says, setting my bags on the backseat.

I hug him, "I'll see you later."

He kisses me, "I'm going to stop by the house and talk to the contractor and then probably get boxes. He's supposed to give me a firm date when we can start moving everything in."

"Sounds good. If you're around, you should stop by for lunch."

"Let me know a time."

"I will."

He kisses me again before shutting the door. I go to change the gear and realize my stupid green smoothie made it in the car with me. I don't know when he did that because I certainly didn't see it happen. I glare at him as I back out of the garage. He laughs to himself.

I'm not drinking this. I'm going to make Bridget try it. I make my way to work, parking next to Bridget. We get out at the same time. She walks over to my side of the car. "What's that?" she asks.

"A green smoothie that Christian made me this morning."

"How is it?"

"I didn't love it."

"So why do you have it?"

"It magically ended up in my car and I wanted you to try it since I had to try it."

"No, I already puked this morning."

I groan, "A small sip. Please."

She holds her hand out. I give it to her. She uses the straw, taking a small drink. I wait for her reaction, "Oh, this is actually really good. I don't know why you don't like this."

"You can have it. I don't want it."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."