Colorful & Classy.

Maya~

Christian walks into the kitchen as I gently scrub Amalia's head, moving the brush through her hair. I look over at him and smile. He comes over by me, "What are you girls doing?"

"Getting her ready for your mom tomorrow."

He stands behind me as I finish washing her. He holds a towel out and I put her in the towel. He holds her as I drain the sink. "What time are we leaving?"

"I was thinking around 9?"

I watch her try to smile at him. Her coos tell us that she loves being held by her dad. She loves to be held in general but if it's Christian, she's so happy and content. I am a little salty about it but it'll have to do.

I follow him to her room. I pull a onesie out of a drawer along with a diaper. I take a break and sit in the rocking chair. "How was your game?"

He shrugs, "Alright. One hit and a stolen base. I'm just not hitting well right now and I don't know what to adjust."

"I think you're too hard on yourself."

"You're supposed to say that."

"I don't think it's a lie."

He shrugs again, "Has she been fed yet?"

"No. Can you give her a bottle? I can't do it right now."

He nods, taking her out of her room. I go into ours and get my pumps set up before stuffing them in my nursing bra. I take my water bottle with me as I go back to the living room.

I sit on the couch and lay my head back. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I've held her all day."

"Why didn't my mom take her for a couple of hours?"

"She didn't want your mom. She didn't want her swing or the car seat. She just wanted to lay on me, which is fine, I wouldn't pass it up, but I needed like an hour to myself."

Today was the first day I actually thought about work. Not because I miss it but because I needed an hour-long break today and if I was at work, I would've gotten that.

He hands me the empty bottle before burping her. He lets me kiss her goodnight before taking her to our room. I bring the empty bottle to the sink and set it with the other ones. I take my pumps out and grab a clean bottle to measure them.

After measuring and bagging the milk, I cleaned her used bottles and my pumps before setting them out to dry. Christian comes back to the kitchen, standing next to me as I rinse the sink.

"What's the plan tomorrow?"

"Leave around 9. I have a schedule on my phone. Drive like an hour to Sheboygan. We'll make our way back from there with three more stops."

"Busy day."

"I wish she could come with me," I admit.

He holds his hands on my hips, "It's going to be harder to focus for both of us if she came with us. She's going to be perfectly fine with my mom. I'm sure she will text or call us if anything comes up."

"I know."

He hugs me, "She will be so excited to see us when we get back."

He kisses me, "I love you and I love our daughter, but we both need to be focused tomorrow if we want to plan a wedding in a year."

I nod, "Do you need anything else done for tomorrow? Do you have a bag packed?"

"I'm going to let those air dry until the morning and grab them before we leave. I want to stop and get ice so the milk stays cold. But I packed snacks for both of us. We'll have time for lunch if we want to do that."