A Hundred Languages.

Maya~

"I'm headed to the gym," Christian tells me as I eat breakfast and scroll on my phone.

"Okay."

He kisses me quickly. He looks down at me and smiles, "What?"

"Nothing. I just love you."

"I love you too."

He kisses me again before leaving. I finish my breakfast and take my dishes over to the sink to wash them. Christian comes back in. He walks past me and through the house.

I put the dishes in the dishwasher as he walked back, "Forget something?"

"My bag."

He grabs my hips, kissing the back of my head, "I'll see you later."

"Have fun."

He actually leaves this time. I clean up the kitchen before heading up to our room. I pull my suitcase out of the closet since we go back to Milwaukee tomorrow. I did our laundry yesterday but I didn't get around to packing.

I go into our bathroom to gather a few things that I won't need until we get home. I open my drawer and see a piece of paper on top of my things. I open the paper.

Get ready for the day in your best outfit. Dress nice but comfortable (more than just casual attire). Head downstairs after getting ready.

I smile at Christian's handwritten note. I go into our closet and look through the clothes I keep here. I grab the cream dress since it's cute and comfortable. I toss the dress on the bed and sit in front of the mirror to do my hair and makeup.

It takes me about 45 minutes to get ready. He didn't specify what kind of shoes to wear so I grabbed the only pair of heels that I have in Malibu. They're not super tall and they're comfortable. I walk downstairs and find another note.

So I actually meant like downstairs as in by the water. Don't follow the crowd.

I knew something was off with him this morning. I walk down to the beach and take my heels off. I look both ways and see a group of people on one end and it's empty on the other. I start walking toward the empty end.

I see Christian at the end. I make my way over to him and quickly realize what is going on. He's surrounded by white flowers, creating the shape of a heart.

I stop just before the flower border. "So this is the gym?"

He holds his hand out, "Come here."

I drop my heels and step over the flowers, "What are you doing?" I ask quietly.

He touches my hip, "I've never been more sure about something in my entire life. From the moment we met, I knew it was going to be you. You mean everything to me and I'm so excited to start a family with you. I want this life with you, more than I've ever wanted something. I'm so excited for our future."

He takes my hand, getting down on one knee, "Maya Avery Brown, will you marry me?"

I hug him, dropping to my knees, "Yes," I say as my voice breaks.

"Yeah?"

I pull back, grinning from ear to ear, "In a hundred languages, yes."

He holds my face as we kiss. He takes my left hand and slips the ring onto my finger. It's everything I wanted. It's perfect. A radiant cut diamond and a gold band. It's beautiful.

We stand up to hug again. He picks me up, spinning us around. "I love you," I tell him.

"I love you too."