Chapter 3

"Chaeryeong, age 24, was found dead Monday afternoon in the Blue Moon forest. A civilian found Chaeryeong's body on one of the running trails surrounding the lake. Cause of death: animal attack. It is unknown what kind of animal killed her, but police assume it was a mountain lion, bear, or wolf-"

Chitthip shut off the TV and sighed.

"Of course your father has us move to the town where wild animals attack the residence," she huffed, turning to her three children. "I don't want you guys anywhere near that forest until they catch that beast,"

"This is so cool," Bambam said. "You wouldn't find this in Bangkok,"

"Bhuwakul, a wild animal mauling a poor girl to death is not 'cool,' it's horrid," Chitthip scolded. "I hope they catch that animal soon,"

Lisa took a look at the clock, and then got up. "Going to school, see you later,"

"Wait!" Chitthip called. "I need you to take the car for an oil change after school,"

"Where would I do that?" Lisa asked.

"I saw an auto shop near your school, I think it's called Lee's. Why don't you ask one of your new friends to show you where it is?"

Lisa's first day was the definition of the word awkward. She hadn't met many people, besides Jisoo, and she wouldn't exactly call those girls in her history class her 'friends.' Lisa missed her friends in Bangkok. She was fairly popular back there.

~~

Jisoo walked up to Lisa at her locker before homeroom.

"Hey Chu, how'd cheerleading tryouts go?" she asked.

"Pretty well," Jisoo beamed. "They want me to come to the second day of tryouts,"

"Congratulations!" Lisa smiled, hugging Jisoo.

"Oh my god, I was so nervous! But the girls on the squad are super nice, I should introduce you!"

"Yeah, that would be great!"

"How did the rest of your day go?"

"Pretty boring. Nothing out of the ordinary,"

"Did you hear about the murder?" Jisoo asked, her voice dropping. Lisa nodded.

"Yeah, that's pretty awful,"

The doors to the hallway flew open. In a line, almost like it came out of a movie, walked in Jennie's posse. But... wait...

"Where's Jennie?" Lisa asked Jisoo.

Jisoo looked at the group, "I'm not sure," she turned back to Lisa "Some of the girls on the squad told me about them," she whispered.

"What'd they say?"

Jisoo glanced at the group to make sure they were out of an earshot, then back at Lisa.

"All of them, except for Sehun, are orphaned and their foster father is some 25 year old guy. They live in a cabin in Blue Moon forest. Apparently they don't really talk to anyone besides the members of their group. Nancy told me there was something sketchy about them, like they're hiding something, only no one knows what it is,"

"Yikes," Lisa frowned. "Blue Moon forest? The place where that girl died?"

Jisoo nodded. "I kinda understand why everyone is so afraid of them,"

"They seemed pretty normal when I spoke to them,"

"You talked to them?" Jisoo sounded shocked, or was it repulsed? Lisa nodded shyly.