Chapter 5

Jisoo woke up to the smell of frying bacon and the sun shining in her eyes. As she opened them, she instantly regretted it.

"Morning, sleeping beauty," said a voice next to Jisoo. Her head snapped up as she saw Rosé sitting cross-legged on the floor next to the bed Jisoo was in.

"What- how did I... why are you- where am I?" Jisoo said, dazed and confused.

"You were drunk, you didn't have a place to stay, I took you to my house," Rosé explained calmly.

"That explains the hangover," Jisoo grumbled. Her eyes widened. "We didn't..."

"Oh god no, I would never take advantage of you," Rosé said quickly, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "I slept on the floor and I kept my door open and I told my foster father everything,"

"Oh," Jisoo said sheepishly. "Sorry,"

"S'kay," Rosé grumbled. Just as she said that, a young man walked in carrying a glass of red liquid.

"Good morning," he smiled, placing the glass on the bed stand next to Jisoo. "How are you feeling?"

"Like shit," Jisoo sighed.

"I don't blame you. You passed out real last night," the man said, running a hand through his hair. "Drink this, it will make you feel better," he gestured to the glass.

Jisoo picked it up and felt her stomach churn. "Is this blood?"

"What do we look like? Vampires?" the man laughed. "It's a hangover cure my dad showed me. Works every time,"

Jisoo looked at him skeptically.

"Oh, where are my manners? I'm Felix, I take care of Rosé and all the others," he smiled.

"The drink does work. We use it on Suga all the time," Rosé said, looking at Jisoo.

It's worth a shot Jisoo thought before she gulped down the drink. It tasted like strawberries and Shirley temples.

Jisoo instantly felt her head clear up and the sun did not hurt her eyes anymore.

"Oh my God," Jisoo gasped. "Was that like a magic potion or something?"

Rosé and Felix exchanged nervous glances before turning back to Jisoo.

"Ha ha ha," Felix said, obviously forcing the laughter. "You're funny. There's no such thing as magic. It's just an ancient family recipe,"

"Family recipe?"

"I'm Australian so yeah, it's from my mimsie," Felix scratched the back of his head. "Anyways, I made breakfast if you want to come and eat-"

"Oh crap! I have cheerleading practice! What time is it? Am I late?" Jisoo said, frantically looking for her phone.

"Whoa girl, chill. It's 8:15," Rosé said. Jisoo sighed in relief.

"What time is your practice?" Felix asked.

"Nine,"

"Alright, you got time. Come and eat, then Rosé will drive you,"

"Thanks," Jisoo mumbled, sliding out of the bed. She almost fell over when she stood up, but Rosé grabbed her arm to steady her.

"Be careful!" Rosé snapped. Jisoo flinched.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Rosé said, blushing. "I just don't want you to hurt yourself,"

"You're so cute, Roséanne," Jisoo giggled. Both of their eyes widened.

"Crap, I mean-"

"Girls! C'mon the food's getting cold," they heard Felix yell. Both of them awkwardly walked down the stairs from Rose's room side by side, not looking at each other.