Chapter 8

Lisa yanked her hand away from Jennie's mouth.

"You're fucking insane!" she yelled, clutching her wrist. People were starting to stare, nobody noticing Jennie biting her moments before.

"Sor-"

"Why the fuck would you bite me? That fucking hurt!"

"I mea-"

"You're sick, you know that, Jennie? You're fucking-"

Jennie grabbed Lisa's hand and led her to the janitor's closet, which was conveniently next to the lockers. Once they were in the closet, Jennie pinned Lisa against the door.

"Look at your wrist," Jennie demanded, holding up Lisa's hand near her face.

Lisa's eyes widened and her mouth formed an 'o'. Instead of human teeth marks, there was a small black crescent moon tattoo that was not there before.

"Is your saliva black tattoo ink?" Lisa asked, horrified.

"It's the mark," Jennie said, letting go of Lisa's hand. "Do you believe me now?"

Lisa, still staring at her wrist, shook her head quickly. Jennie grabbed her chin to make her look at her.

"How about now?" Jennie thought. She heard that mates had a telepathy link once they were marked, but she didn't know if it was true. She hoped it was otherwise she would have looked like a complete idiot.

"How did you say that without moving your mouth?" Lisa asked, starting to shake.

"I'm in your head"

"Well get out!" Lisa shouted. She started to smack her forehead. "Get! Out! Get! Out! Get! Out!"

"LISA!" Jennie shook her shoulders. "You need to calm down,"

"Calm down? How the fuck would I calm down?" Lisa started to breath heavily.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" Jennie asked, worried. Lisa continued to hyperventilate.

"Oh shi.. what do I do?" Jennie asked herself. Lisa looked like she was about to pass out.

"Okay, Lisa, you need to breath," Jennie said, looking into Lisa's eyes. "In, and out, in, and out,"

Jennie held on to Lisa's shoulders, trying to calm the girl down. "Breath,"

Lisa felt hypnotized by Jennie's eyes, and her soothing voice helped her breathing and heart rate go back to normal.

"I'm sorry for lashing out and biting you. The full moon is close," Jennie laughed nervously.

"I-I want answers," Lisa stuttered out.

"Okay," Jennie said quietly. It wasn't until now that Jennie noticed how their bodies were pressed up against each other, even though there was tons of room in the closet.

"After school, we can go to my house. It's safe to talk there," Jennie offered, backing off Lisa.

"I have practice," Lisa said, emotionless.

"You can come to the auto shop after your practice. I can drive you to the cabin," Jennie said nervously. "I'll answer any question you have,"

"Okay,"

"Okay?"

"Yes,"

"Okay then," Jennie gestured to the door. "You wanna go first?"

Lisa came out of the closet to find Nancy looking at her with a puzzled expression on her face.

"Do I want to know what happened in there?" she asked, arms crossed.