Chapter 21

"Lis, wake up,"

Sorn kept poking her sister, who groaned. She huffed.

"Lisa, please," Sorn said. "I need you to drive me to the hospital,"

This made Lisa shoot up. "What? Why? Are you hurt?"

Lisa cupped Sorn's face, checking for injuries. Sorn slapped her hand away.

"Not me, dimwit. For Bambam. Mom and Dad got a call last night saying he's improved a lot,"

"What? Why didn't they tell me?" Lisa asked, rushing to her closet to get changed.

"Well, they thought since you had a rough day yesterday that you should sleep in," Sorn said, sitting down on Lisa's bed. "Y'know, breaking up with Jennie and whatnot. Hey, wanna stop at Dunkin on the way to the hospital?"

"What?" Lisa's head snapped up.

"Dunkin Donuts? I want hot chocolate. And a donut. Do you think they would have mint hot chocolate yet since it's November?"

"No not that," Lisa shook her head. "I broke up with Jennie?"

"That's what mom said. She said you called her toxic and she left in tears," Sorn looked up from her phone. "So was that a no for Dunkin?"

"Oh crap," Lisa groaned.

Yesterday was definitely a low point. She was angry, and emotional. Jennie just happened to be in her path. She felt like an ass.

Lisa banged her head against her wall, scolding herself.

"Dude, what's your problem?"

"Shut up, Sorn,"

Sorn rolled her eyes, not understanding Lisa's displeasure. Shouldn't she be happy that their brother was okay?

"Let's go," Sorn tugged at Lisa's arm. "I'm hungry,"

"Then feed yourself, you chicken. I have to get ready,"

"Just throw on that gay flannel you always wear. The blue and green one," Sorn shrugged. "It's a hospital. Everyone is suppose to look like crap,"

"Get out,"

Lisa ran her hands through her hair, sighing.

Nini, she thought. She waited for a reply.

Nini, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it

Jennie never responded. Lisa felt defeated.

"I wonder what he thought about while he was in a coma," Sorn asked, looking outside the window while Lisa drove. "What do you think he dreamed about?"

"I don't know," Lisa said, annoyed.

"I wonder if he remembers who we are, or if he got amnesia or something. If he doesn't remember us do you think I can make him my servant?"

"Sorn, shut up,"

"Jeez, what's got your panties in a twist?"

Lisa turned up the volume of the radio, trying to tell Sorn she wasn't in the mood for talking.

"Fine, be that way," Sorn grumbled.

Bambam's eyes lit up when he saw his sisters.

"Lis! Sorn! Hey, what's up?" Bambam smiled, waving.

"The doctor's said not to move too much!" Chitthip scolded, stopping his arms.

"Whoops, sorry," Bambam said, unapologetically.

"Hey kid," Lisa said, confused. "You feeling alright?"

"I feel great!" Bambam beamed. "Like, stronger. I'm in no pain at all,"