Chapter 22 (Last Chapter)

"You're weak,"

Jennie looked at the reflection in the mirror to see Taeyeon lingering in her doorway.

"I feel fine," Jennie brushed off.

"You know I can tell when you're lying to me," Taeyeon scoffed, crossing her arms.

"Is this a clairvoyant thing?"

"No, it's a common sense thing. You suck at lying,"

"I'm fine,"

"I don't think you realize how serious this is," Taeyeon said sternly, walking into Jennie's bedroom. "The bullets were laced with wolfsbane, it's in your system. It's tearing you from the inside out. Eventually, yes, you will be fine. But you're in no shape for going to the fight,"

"Tae, I told you I'm fine," Jennie rolled her eyes.

"Look," Taeyeon sighed. She made Jennie face her. "I'm coming to you as a friend, and also as a mentor. Sit this one out. Let Rosé take the lead. Right now she's physically stronger than you, and she doesn't have the wolfsbane slowing her down,"

"No," Jennie said sternly. "I'm doing this. My pack, my responsibility,"

Taeyeon pursed her lips. "I have a meeting with Jay in a couple of hours,"

"Oh,"

"Taehyung, Felix, and Bangchan are coming with me to meet with him. If we had an Alpha with us-"

"No," Jennie said firmly. "I don't want to see him,"

Taeyeon nodded, expecting this answer. She handed Jennie a vial.

"More healing meds," she said. "Just in case,"

~~

"Wherewolf?" Jisoo asked, a playful smirk on her face.

Lisa pointed at Rosé. "Therewolf,"

"I will rip out your throats," Rosé grumbled, holding up a beaker of pink steaming liquid. "What is this again?"

"Sleep serum," Taeyeon explained. "Just in case we need it,"

"Where did Jennie go?" Nayeon asked, looking at Taeyeon's spell book.

"She's trying to convince my parents to take Bambam away during the eclipse," Lisa explained. "She doesn't want him here while the vampires come,"

"And I got them to go to Bangkok early," Jennie announced, walking into the basement. "They're going to stay there until New Years,"

"You, too?" Irene asks Lisa.

"No, I told my parents I'll stay with Jisoo," Lisa pushed her hair back. "I want to look the fucker in the eye and tell him to burn in hell,"

Taeyeon felt a shiver run down her spine. "Speaking of fuckers..."

"Is he here?" Jennie asked, walking towards the witch.

"He's close," Taeyeon said, eyes shut. "I can feel it,"

"Really?"

"Of course," Taeyeon nodded. "You can't be that old and powerful and not radiate a strong aura,"

"Taehyung and Bangchan are on their way," Felix said, grabbing his backpack. "You ready?"

"Yes," Taeyeon sighed. She could have been at home in LA right now, waiting for her early acceptance letter to RISD. Instead she could possibly die in the next week.

Go big or go home, right?

~~

"So, um" Taehyung shifted on his feet awkwardly. "Do you... like cheese?"