SELFISH .ᐟ : t. inumaki

" salmon "

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

SELFISH | T. INUMAKI
after rejecting a confession from inumaki, y/n soon finds herself selfishly missing the ways he showed his love to her, she only hopes she's not too late to fix everything

[❤︎]

( angst and fluff , fem!reader , happy ending , unrequited love turned requited , slight inumaki x yuuji? not really but reader interprets it that way , jealousy )

███████

Y/N knew.

Well, obviously, she's been at least somewhat aware from the beginning. It's not like Inumaki was ever all that subtle with the feelings he harbored towards her.

She just didn't know how to react, it's not like she's a very likable person— she's an okay friend at best, but she's plenty aware that romantically, she's far from what someone wishes from a partner.

"...Ah?" Y/N mumbles as she stares at Inumaki, blinking slowly as she attempts to process the confession that left his lips.

It's rare that Inumaki speaks— most words being either an order towards a cursed spirit or, more commonly, the onigiri ingredients he uses to communicate with others.

She never thought she would hear a confession of all things from his voice.

Of course, Y/N's known since near the beginning of his crush— but that's all she thought it was, a crush. Something minor that'll go away in a few weeks, at most a month.

Maybe she should've grown concerned when nearly a year has passed and he remained unrelenting about his affections.

Even so, Y/N never thought she would have to worry about being confessed to— assuming that the cursed speech user couldn't, not even considering the fact that the words wouldn't be perceived as a command.

Maybe she shouldn't have left his feelings without a comment, maybe she shouldn't have given them the chance to grow, maybe she should've stopped this before it all started.

Yet, Y/N knew that no matter what she did, she couldn't change her past choices— no matter how regrettable they were.

"I'm... sorry." Y/N struggles a brief moment, the words feeling odd in her mouth yet soon continues on— knowing that she at least owes Inumaki this much. "I don't return your feelings."