𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

[A/N: I do not own or claim any of the photos above

[A/N: I do not own or claim any of the photos above. Credits to the rightful owners.]

𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

I'm currently in the bookstore, finding new books to read, as I have already finished the five books I bought last week. I've loved reading since I was four years old; it's been one of my ways to escape the harsh reality. I'm standing here, choosing some books until someone accidentally bumped into me.

"I'm sorry, miss; that's not my intention to bump you." She uttered with an apologetic eyes, and her voice was so angelic.

I only nodded to her and averted my gaze because I'm not fond of talking to someone, especially a stranger. And while choosing books to purchase, I still felt her presence on my side because she didn't leave. That's why I took two books and left her there.

"Good morning, ma'am. It only costs 360." The cashier said, and I handed her my 500 pesos. I left without taking the change because I felt someone staring at me, and it made me feel awkward.

While driving my car, the image of the girl in the bookstore suddenly appeared. The way she looked at me, her scent, and her voice made me smile. Oh my gosh, self, stop it. Don't tell me that you're in love at first sight with her.

____

I'm at home now, reading the book I bought earlier. It's so interesting; it's about two girls still hiding in their closet 'cause they're afraid might their parents will get mad at them for being part of the LGBTQ community. And yes, you read it right—I'm reading a book about two girls who aren't straight and hiding behind their closets because I can relate to them. I was also afraid before to come out to my parents, but it's okay now 'cause my family knows I'm bisexual. But It's not too obvious since I'm girly, and although I haven't had a relationship yet, but I've had many ex-flings with both boys and girls.

One month left, and I have to go to Manila to study. I don't have a relatives in Manila, but my mom bought me a condo there, where I can stay while I'm studying. And I have a friend who was my classmate in Bicol, inviting me to study in Manila for my incoming second year of college because she's transferring there as well. She mentioned that I wouldn't need to take an exam to have a scholar since her auntie owns it. However, I declined the offer 'cause I want to take an exam to use my knowledge to enter my dream university. I'm confident that I can pass the exam, not to brag, but I've consistently ranked first since kindergarten and have received numerous academic awards.