𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

I woke up because of the sounds of someone knocking on my door. I hurriedly opened it, and it was my mom.

"Nak, it's already 9:20 in the morning. You need to eat breakfast so you can take your medicine na. Alam mo naman na may sakit ka, diba, kaya bawal kang malipasan ng gutom and gamot." Bungad sa akin ni mama, because I have a small hole in my heart since birth.

"Ma, don't worry, even though I'm not taking my medicine, I'm still strong." I said to her while hugging her.

"Don't fool me, anak. I know na lagi kang nahihirapan huminga, so just hurry up and have your meal downstairs. I have to go to your little sister now." She responded and kissed me on my forehead.

I have a little sister; she's the youngest, and I'm the eldest. We're just two siblings, and she's only 4 years old but so matured to think. That's why sometimes I wonder if she's really just 4 years old because of her mindset. I love her so much, and I would do anything for her.

While having my breakfast, I received a video call from my only friend who's already in Manila right now.

"Hello Leley, you're just having your breakfast? It's already late anyway. How are you? I missed you already, and when do you plan to come here?" Sam asked curiously, judging by her tone of voice.

"Morning, maybe next week." I said in a cold monotone voice, proceeding to finish my food.

"You know, Leley, you're so cold in the morning." She responded while laughing. It looks like she's not used to it.

"Btw, I have to go now; someone's waiting for me. Goodbye, Leley. I can't wait to see you soon." I just nodded, and after that, she ended the call.

I'm washing my dishes now, but I accidentally let go of the glass, and it broke. I held my chest because it hurt, and I don't know what happened next. I only remember my sister calling my mom, and everything went black.

"Doc, kamusta na po ang anak ko? Bakit hindi pa rin siya nagigising? It's been 7 hours, she still didn't wake up." I heard my mom's worried voice.

"Mrs. Mclien, don't worry, your daughter is fine already. Let's just wait for her to wake up." And I heard him excuse himself and walk outside of my room.

I opened my eyes and called my mom.

"Mom, I'm okay na po." I said to her in a calm voice. She looked at me and hugged me while crying.

"Anak, how are you? Kamusta na pakiramdam mo? May masakit pa ba sayo? Anak, sabihin mo agad kay mama ha." She uttered while crying, so I squeezed her hand and smiled at her.

"Mom, I'm already fine na po, don't worry. I'm strong." I reassured her.