𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

I woke up in a fully white room and noticed that there's an oxygen and dextrose attached to me. Sam and Astrid are here, sleeping on the sofa. I was surprised to see Ms. Kizzia holding my hand while peacefully sleeping. I just watched her sleep when I heard the door open, and Mitch came out.

"Kensley, I'm glad you're awake." She said in a low voice to avoid waking the others.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"It's already 5 pm. You've been asleep for 9 hours." She replied. Shock was evident on my face, realizing I had slept for quite a while. Based on my observation, I'm in our school clinic, as I saw the school's name in the corner.

"Who brought me here? All I remembered is I was in my car earlier." I asked her, feeling confused.

"It's Sam and Ms. Chua." Hearing her response, a small smile appeared on my lips, but I hid it immediately.

"Do you guys not have classes?" I asked her.

"Actually, we do, but we talked to Ms. Chua to excuse us and stay here with you." She shyly responded, avoiding eye contact.

"Do you have a crush on me?" I suppressed my laughter at her reaction. Her face turned red.

"Who wouldn't? But I know someone here likes you, and I think you like her too, so let's be friends." She smiled, offering her hand for a handshake, which I accepted.

"Friends," I smiled at her.

"Don't be mad, Kensley, but I thought you were a snob because of how you acted in a restaurant before." Kabadong litanya nya

"Actually, yes, I am, but it depends on the person." I replied until I felt Ms. Kizzia's hand.

"You're already awake." She said, hugging me, and I hugged her back.

"Ehem, baka langgamin tayo." Mitch interjected, but Ms. Kizzia just rolled her eyes at her.

"Good morning, madlang people!" Astrid shouted, pushing Sam onto the sofa.

"Gising na pala ang mga shokoy." Mitch said to them, earning a glare.

I saw Ms. Kizzia on my side, still holding my hand until our eyes met.

"Are you hungry?" She asked in a worried tone, and I just shrugged my head in response kasi hindi talaga ako nakakaramdam ng gutom.

"Kami Ms. Chua, hindi mo po ba kami tatanongin?" Nakangising tanong ni Astrid.

"I don't have food here." My soon-to-be-wife, Professor Chua, replied, sounding a bit grumpy.

"Let's get out of here." I suggested to them.

"Are you okay already?" Ms. Kizzia asked.

"Yes, Ms." I reassured her with a smile.

"Ako na ang tatawag kay Doc." Sam suggested, quickly leaving.

____

"Good afternoon, how do you feel now, Ms. Mclien?" She asked me with a smile.

"I'm already fine, doc, so can I get out of here now?" I used my cold monotone voice.

"As you said, you're already fine, so yes, you can." She smiled at me, removing the dextrose from my hand, and finally, she took off the oxygen. Finally, I felt free.

"Take care of yourself, Ms. Mclien, and if there are things or someone stressing you, just take a deep breath." She advised, and I just nodded.

Upon standing up from the bed, Ms. Kizzia immediately held me at the waist. I looked at her, and she raised one eyebrow.

As we headed to the parking lot, many students were looking at us, especially at Ms. Kizzia's hand on my waist. Some were whispering, and I overheard their comments.

"Ngayon ko lang sya nakita dito, is she's a new student?" - Student 1

"She's gorgeous, she looks like a model." - Student 2

"Mag-gf kaya sila? But infairness bagay sila because they're both beautiful." - Student 3

"Agree ako dyan ses, pati yung tatlo nilang kasama magaganda rin walang tapon." - Student 4

Until someone mentioned, "Diba sya yung girl kanina sa gate na hindi pinayagang pumasok ng guard dahil walang ID?" A curious question from a student.

"Yes, sya nga yun. Kahit pala gaano ka kaganda, dika makakalusot sa higpit ba naman ng owner ng university natin." Their conversation quieted down when Ms. Kizzia gave them a stern look.

"Can you guys shut the fuck up?! Leave!!" Mitch shouted at them, and they quickly left.

"Are you okay?" Ms. Kizzia asked me in her calming voice, so I smiled at her.