𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

𝐊𝐢𝐳𝐳𝐢𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

I was discussing in front of my students when I heard Sam's scared and loud voice. She quickly ran out without saying anything, so I excused myself from my class and left them with an assignment. I couldn't catch up with Sam, so I called her, and she immediately answered, only saying 'parking lot.' I rushed there.

I found Sam carrying Kensley in a bridal style, unconscious. Sam was running while I quickly walked to the clinic. I didn't know what happened to Kensley, but her current condition is very pale; even her rosy lips are now colorless.

Nang makarating na kami sa clinic, agad namang inasikaso ng nurse at ng school doctor si Kensley, they put oxygen and dextrose to her. I saw their worried faces.

"Sam, what happened to her?" I asked my cousin with concern in my voice. She took a deep breath and told me what happened to Kensley at the gate. She didn't know what happened next, but she heard Kensley struggling to breathe while they were on a call, so she immediately went to the parking lot earlier.

____

It's been 6 hours, but she still hasn't awakened. I began to feel anxious, so I decided to ask the doctor what's happening to Kensley.

"Doc, it's been 6 hours already. Bakit hindi pa rin po siya nagigising?" I asked, confused.

"Ms. Chua, based on my observation, she has a heart problem, but now she's alright. Let's just hope and wait for her to wake up." She explained. A pang of worry passed through me. What if she has a problem with her heart? I'm scared of the possibilities.

"Sam" I called my cousin to get her attention as she was busy scrolling on her phone.

"Why, cousin?" She responded.

"Does Kensley have a heart problem?"

"I don't know because she didn't mention to me that she has a heart problem." She replied seriously.

"But what if she does, cous? Because never s'yang sumali sa any games na connected to physical activity in our previous school, or maybe she's just not athletic. Let's ask her when she wakes up." Mahabang litanya nya. I know my cousin is telling the truth to me.

I'm here now, on Kensley's right side, gently caressing her soft hands. They feel so tender that I'm willing to hold onto them forever.

Until I felt so sleepy because I slept late last night, so I decided to lay my head on her bed. Wanting to sleep even though I was just sitting, I closed my eyes and drifted off while holding her hand.