𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

I woke up because of the sound of my alarm clock. It's already 6 am, and Sam and I agreed to go to the mall today to buy our school supplies for the upcoming Monday. Since today is Saturday, I hurriedly freshened up and headed to the bathroom.

Heck, ang lamig, but mabuti na lang at may heater dito sa CR. Napangiti na lang ako nang maalala ko ang nangyari kahapon, dahil after naming kumain ni Ms. Zia, nag-movie marathon kami, and around 7 pm, sinundo na siya ni Sam. Hindi pa rin nawawala ang kilig na aking nararamdaman dahil niyakap niya ako sa mismong harapan ng cousin niya and say good night to me. Hindi naman maiwaksi ang pagtataka sa hitsura ni Sam.

____

"I already took a shower and waited for Sam because she said I don't need to bring my car since she'll be giving me a ride home, and who am I to refuse? Because I'm also too lazy to drive. I heard my phone ringing, and it's Sam calling me.

"Good morning, Leley, baba ka na, nandito na ako sa labas ng condo mo." She greeted me and abruptly ended the call – a bit rude, not even giving me a chance to respond.

I took an elevator to speed things up, and to my surprise, it wasn't Sam outside but her cousin, Ms. Kizzia.

"Hop in." She said, but I just looked at her with curiosity and didn't follow her instructions.

"I said, hop in, don't ruin my mood, Ky." She added.

"Kiaga-aga ang sungit." I murmured.

"I can hear you."

"Of course, you can, because what's the purpose of your ears if you can't hear me?" I responded, and she was about to open her mouth, but she closed it. I couldn't hide the passing sadness in her eyes; I know that she did not expect my words.

After getting into her car, I hugged her and apologized.

"I'm sorry; I didn't mean that." I said apologetically.

"That's fine. I just didn't expect you to raise your voice at me." She replied. I held her hands, caressed them, and kissed her forehead. She flinched, perhaps not expecting that, but she blushed and smiled at me.

"Let's go? Maybe they're waiting for us."

"They are?" I asked her in confusion.

"Yes, they are because the three professors are there, and Sam's two childhood friends." I nodded in response to her.

And if you're really unlucky, we got caught in traffic. So, I just closed my eyes.

____

Later on, I felt a tap on my arm. When I opened my eyes, it was Ms. Kizzia – she's so gorgeous, like a goddess in my eyes.

"Enjoying the view?" She asked me because I didn't realize I was already staring at her, and I felt a sense of embarrassment.

"I'm sorry," and I heard her chuckle, gosh, it sounds like music to my ears.

"So, let's go?" She asked while looking into my eyes, so I nodded.

We're in the parking lot of a restaurant now. I didn't bother asking her why we're here because maybe they're already hungry, and kahit ako ay nagugutom na rin 'coz I didn't have my breakfast, that's why I didn't take my medicine rin.

While we're walking inside the restaurant, nakaramdam ako ng pagkahilo, but I just ignored it, maybe it was the cause ng hindi ko pagkain ng breakfast.