𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

𝐊𝐢𝐳𝐳𝐢𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

I'm currently on my way to the dean's office because one of my co-professors messaged me that the friend of my cousin has already arrived.

I knocked, and my cousin opened the door for me. I just smiled at her.

"Here she is, my gorgeous cousin, cous my friend is already here!" My cousin exclaimed excitedly. I immediately searched for the friend she was talking about, and I saw a girl sitting in the corner, busy with her phone. When our eyes met, a shocked expression appeared on my face; her cold eyes, I recognized them. She's the girl I accidentally bumped into in the bookstore in Bicol a month ago. She just maintained eye contact without any other expression, so I was the one who looked away.

Her beauty is ethereal, and she's tall— I think we're the same height. I hate to admit it, but when I saw her in the bookstore, I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"Zia, it seems like you're enchanted by Sam's friend's beauty." My brother Dean teased me in a playful voice.

"Baka mainlove ka sa kaibigan ko, cousin, pero okay lang 'yan, she's single naman." Dagdag naman ni Sam. Pati ang ibang professor ay nakiasar na rin, but the girl in the corner is just wearing a poker face, not minding her surroundings.

"Zia, she's Kensley, my gorgeous friend. Anyway, can you give her the test paper already?" Sam changed the topic.

I gave her the test paper, and she just took it without looking at me. I mean, who am I for her to notice? Maybe she didn't recognize me. I said to myself with a tinge of sadness.

"Thanks" She said in a low-toned voice without looking at me; only the two of us could hear it. I found myself forming a smile on my lips, but I suppressed it, afraid that others might notice and think I'm already lost in my thoughts.

____

Twenty minutes had just passed, and she handed her test paper to my cousin. The test had 100 questions, yet she managed to finish it in just 20 minutes. As I started to check her test paper, I was amazed because she did it—she got a perfect score.

"Zia, have you finished checking her test paper? How many scores did she get?" My cousin asked in a curious tone.

I showed them the test paper, and shock and amazement were also written on their faces, including my brother Dean.

"I told you guys she's not only gorgeous, but she's gorgeous with a gifted brain." My cousin said as she went to her friend, hugging her while Kensley remained busy on her phone.

"She is; she's the only one who got a perfect score."

"OMG, you're not only pretty; you're also brainy."

"Naks talino talaga."

Ilan lang 'yan sa natanggap na compliment ni Kensley, and she just smiled at them. Oh God, she's so gorgeous. I felt the butterflies in my stomach again. I couldn't help but form a smile and mouthed her congrats, and she responded with a changed smile.

____

"Let's order food for lunch, my treat." Dean said.

"Ayown oh, ang bait mo talaga, cous." Sam responded, making us laugh, well, except for Kensley—she's too quiet.

"What do you want, guys?" Dean asked.

"As usual, brother/cous/Dean." We responded simultaneously, except again for Kensley.

"Kensley, how about you?" Dean asked her.

"Like what Sam is going to have, po." She said in a calming voice. Oh Lord, I think I will fall for my student. Attached kana nga sabat naman ng utak ko.

"Okay-okay" Dean responded to her while smiling.

Minutes passed, and someone knocked on the door. Sam and Dean got our foods. I saw my cousin handed the food to Kensley.

"Here you go, Leley." Sam said, revealing a nickname for Kensley, which made me roll my eyes.

"Let's eat, guys." Dean said excitedly, as he's always enthusiastic when it comes to food.