𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

𝐊𝐞𝐲𝐧𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

It's already 2 pm, and I'm waiting for our driver. He will be the one to drive my car to Manila since my mom didn't approve of me driving, considering Manila is almost 10 hours away from our province.

"Ate, let's take a photo." My sister said.

"Sure, baby." I replied with a smile. I'm vocal and joyful with my family, but not with others. I avoid getting too close or attached because I fear that I might have to leave them due to my heart problem.

"Here we go, Ate. 1, 2, 3, smile." She exclaimed and clicked the camera.

"Ate, look, we're so gorgeous po." She said, her eyes radiating happiness.

"Of course, baby." I replied, pulling her into a hug.

"Anak, kumpleto na ba ang gamit mo? Dala mo na ba ang iyong gamot, nebulizer, and inhaler?" My mom asked as she hugged me and my little sister.

"Yes, Mom, it's complete po." I responded to her.

"Always take good care of yourself there, okay? And if something happens, just call me. In one blink, I'll be there." I could feel a worried tone in her voice.

"Eye-eye, Captain. I will take care of myself, and Mom, please take care of yourself too. Don't tire yourself too much at work po." I said as my mom kissed me on my forehead.

"Nandito na pala si Mang Joseph," my mom uttered. Mang Joseph is one of our drivers.

"Magandang tanghali po, Ma'am. Pasensya na at ako ay na-late, may inasikaso lang po ako." Paumanhin ni Mang Joseph.

"Ano ka ba, Mang Joseph, it's okay lang po. No worries." My mom responded.

"Pupunta na rin po kami at baka masyadong ma-traffic sa madadaanan namin." Paalam naman ni Mang Joseph.

"Sure po, Amber, say bye to your ate." My mom said, looking at me with sad eyes.

"Ate, goodbye po. Call us if you're already there, ate ha? We're going to miss you. I love you so much." She kissed my cheeks, and I did too.

"Yes, baby. Ate is going to call you later, okay? I love you, baby." I kissed her cheeks and nose, then went to my mom and hugged her.

"Mommy, don't be sad po. You and Amber can come there, right, if you're not busy po?" We hugged each other, and my mom kissed my forehead before letting go.

"I love you, anak. Always take care of yourself there." She was crying while uttering those words.

"I love you, mommy. Don't cry," and I hugged her again and my little sister.

____

We've already bid our goodbyes, and now I'm in the car, choosing to sit in the back. I need a moment to myself, a quiet space to let the tears flow because I don't want Mang Joseph to see me crying.

While I was scrolling on my phone, I noticed a message from Sam.

𝑺𝒂𝒎 𝒑𝒐𝒈𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒂:
Leley, I have some chika!
                                                                                      𝑴𝒆:
                                                                       Just drop it.

I went to my cousin's school today, and my cousin who is a professor has gorgeous friends. However, there's only one who caught my attention. I will make her mine, Leley!

<𝙴𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗.>

I had read her message; my eyes automatically rolled because she's like that when she likes someone, being cringe is part of her life.

I didn't realize na nakatulog na pala ako; I woke up because of the sounds of someone calling me, and it was just Mang Joseph.

"Senyorita, gising na po, nandito na tayo sa harapan ng condo mo." Mang Joseph said.

"Mang Joseph, how many times do I need to remind you not to call me senyorita?" I responded coldly.

"Pasensya na, Senyorita, pero bagay naman po sa'yo ang tawag na 'yan, lalo na't maganda ka." He said with a smile, which I found cringe and creepy.

"Let's go, Mang Joseph. Just help me with my things, and you can go after." I ignored his words and changed the topic because it made me cringe.

"Sige po, Senyorita." He responded.

"Senyorita, totoo ba na wala ka pa rin boyfriend sa ganda mong iyan? Sigurado akong maraming nagkakarandapa sayo." He said, but I just ignored him.

When we arrived at the door of my condo room, I told him he could leave.

"Mang Joseph, thank you, anyway. You can leave now; I can manage to bring my things inside." I intended to open the door, but I was stunned by what he said.

"Senyorita, ako na po, tulongan na kita, at gusto ko rin makita ang loob para masigurado na ayos lang kayo dito." He replied with a smile, but I gave him a cold and stern look.

"Mang Joseph, mawalang galang na po, pero gaya ng sinabi ko, KAYA KO." I emphasized each word, making it clear that I can handle it on my own.

"Sige po, Senyorita. Mauna na rin po ako, pero kung kailangan mo po ako, isang tawag lang, pupuntahan kita dito." He said before leaving.