𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

I woke up with a smile on my face and checked the time on my phone; it's only 5:30 am. However, I went to the bathroom and took a shower because I'm planning to prepare breakfast for my mom and sister. Our three maids are not here since it's Sunday, and it's their day off.

This is the day that I'm going to Manila. My mom almost didn't agree because she was afraid of what might happen to me in Manila, but Sam talked to her, assuring her that she would take care of me and not leave me alone. Dad was also convinced by Sam; they talked through a messenger call because my dad is currently working in America. He is a Civil Engineer, while my mom is a chef, taking care of our restaurant here in the Philippines.

____

I already took a shower and did my routines; that's why I hurriedly went to the kitchen and started preparing the ingredients that I need for cooking before my mom wakes up.

I started frying bacon, ham, and eggs while cooking pancakes in another pan because it's one of our favorites in the morning.

When I'm done, I have already prepared all of them on the table.

"Perfect," I said to myself, feeling proud.

I heard footsteps from the stairs, and I saw my little sister. I went to her and hugged her.

"Good morning, my little gorgeous sister." I said, kissing her cheeks, which made her giggle.

"Good morning, my gorgeous ate. Why are you so early po?" She asked in a sleepy voice, and I just smiled at her while we were on our way to the kitchen.

"Ate, did you prepare all of this po?" Amusement was on her face.

"Yes, baby. Ate prepared all of that because I want to make breakfast for you and mommy before I go to Manila." I smiled at her, but she just hugged me.

"Ate, we're going to miss you po." She pouted, trying not to let her tears fall.

"Ate is going to miss you and mommy, baby, so don't be sad, okay? We can always have a call if ate is not busy, hmm? I love you, baby." I kissed her forehead.

"Opo, ate, and I love you so much, ate." She's smiling now and hugged me.

"Good morning to my two babies. Oh my gosh, did you prepare all of this?" Shocked is on my mom's face seeing the foods I prepared.

"I appreciate your efforts, nak, but you know you don't have to do it." I go to her and hug her.

"Mom, I know that I don't have to do this, but I really want to, so don't worry po. I'm fine." I assured her and kissed her cheeks.

My little sister led the prayer, and we ate silently.