𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

Finally, it's Monday, and today is our first day of classes. I'm kind of excited, but not as much. I'm here now in front of the mirror, looking at my gorgeous self. I woke up early today around 5 am; that's why I already took a bath and had my breakfast.

Our class starts at 7:30 am, and now it's currently 6:45, so I have a few minutes remaining. Sam informed me that our first professor is Ms. Kizzia, so I think it's fine if I'm going to be late since I don't want to go there early.

Sam's calling...

"Leley, it's already 7 o'clock. Where are you now? You're going to be late." She says immediately without greeting me a good morning.

"I'm still here in my condo. I just did something, that's why, but I gotta go now." I coldly tell her.

I always make sure to be fashionably late so that students are in their respective classrooms. I hate being surrounded by people; it's really annoying since I hate noise.

Damn, it's traffic. It's already 7:10; I don't know if I'll make it to Ms. Kizzia's class.

When I found a space, I quickly drove my Lamborghini. This is my new car that just arrived yesterday; my Mercedes Benz is currently in the parking area of my condo.

I'm already here in front of our university when the guard stops me, looking for my school ID. I don't have an ID because I'm a new student here.

"Good morning, ma'am. May we see your ID?" One of the guards politely asks.

"I don't have an ID yet since I'm a new student here." I respond with my cold voice. My mood is ruined, and students are staring at us. I thought once I'm late there wouldn't be any students outside of their classrooms, but here they are.

"Sorry, ma'am, but do you have any proof that you're really studying here?" He asks, irritating me further.

"I already told you that I'm a new student here or, let's just say, a transferred student. What documents are you looking for? Is that really hard to understand?!" I raise my voice without realizing, surprising him.

"Pasensya ma miss pero hindi kami nagpapapasok ng outsider dito kahit gaano ka pa kaganda dahil kaming guard ang malalagot." He explains.

I decide to call Sam for help since they know her as the niece of the school owner. I put my phone on full volume.

"Leley, where are you? You're already late, and it's our first day of class." She says, making me even more irritated.

"Can you shut up, won't you? And you're asking me where am I? I'm here being stuck at the gate because the guards didn't let me pass." Na agad nya namang ikinatahimik.

"Is your phone at full volume?" She asked, but I didn't respond.

"I want to talk to the guard, Leley, to let you in and..." She didn't finish her words dahil sumingit si manong guard.

"Pasensya na ho miss makakapasok ka na." I just ignored him and pinaharorot ang sasakyan ko.

I'm here at the parking lot now; I don't have the energy to go out or attend my class. I feel embarrassed coz I know some students earlier were judging me. They can see me through the window of my car.

I feel weak; my chest hurts. I didn't realize my tears are flowing. My chest tightens, and I can't breathe properly. Before I can reach for my inhaler, Sam calls me.

"Leley, where are you now?" She asks in a calming tone.

"I'm here, at the parking lot." Sagot ko sa kanya while nahihirapang huminga.

"Are you okay? What happened? Don't lock your car door. Leley, wait for me there." I heard her being panicked until everything goes black.