𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

"May I court you?" Wait-what?! Court me? As in?
I just gave her a questioning look because I was shocked by what she said.

"You heard it right. Let me court you; let me prove to you how much I like you, Ky." She held my hand, and I looked into her eyes. Her voice was so sincere, and I saw in her eyes how much she meant her words.

"Are you sure about that? I'm not so easy to handle, and maybe you'll just get tired of me." I seriously uttered those words because I know to myself that I'm not a vocal person.

"I can stand by my words, hun. Just let me prove it to you. And you don't have to like me back; it's my choice to court you. You don't have to feel pressured, okay? I'm here to court you and prove that you're not difficult to love and handle." I can't believe it's happening right now. If only she knew that I've adored her since then.

"Just let me, please, baby?" Her soft and sweet voice causes butterflies in my stomach.

"It's up to you, but if you're getting tired of courting me, you can stop whenever you want." She hugged me, so I hugged her back. I don't know, but I'm scared. I should be happy because the girl I admire wants to court me.

She's out of my league; she's a teacher, a successful woman, and soon she's going to have a fiance. The worst part is that teacher-student relationships are prohibited. I don't want to be a reason for her to lose her license.

I didn't notice that my tears were falling, but I quickly wiped them away before she could see.

We broke our hug, and I saw her smile disappear, replaced by a worried look when she looked at me.

"What happened? Did I hurt you somewhere?" Concern was evident in her eyes as she gently wiped my tears from my cheeks.

"No, Z. I'm just scared." I admitted to her. What's the point of denying it when she had already seen my tears?

"Scared of what?" Her question seemed confused, but I just looked away.

"Tell me, baby. Let's face it together." She said softly. I wondered if I even deserved her. She's too good to be with me.

"You're a teacher, and I'm your student." She just smiled at me, as if it didn't matter to her.

"You're scared that I might lose my license because of you?" I simply nodded, acknowledging the significant possibility if our situation became known.

"No worries, baby. I can lose my profession for you." What the heck? Did I hear that right?

"That's not a good joke." I retorted, annoyed with her statement.

"If you don't want me to lose my profession, then I can talk to my brother to allow the teacher and student relationship." Nakangiti niyang litanya, edi ikaw na Miss Kizzia kapag ikaw hindi ko sinagot. Sayang 'yang suggestion mo kay Dean.

"Okay, as if naman sasagotin kita." I replied boredly, sitting on her lap and crossing my legs, just for payback. She quickly held my waist for support, making sure I wouldn't fall.

"I will make sure that you will fall and end up with me." Wow, really? Confidence, huh?

"I'm starving. I haven't had my lunch yet because someone who's obsessed with me grabbed me earlier." I changed the topic, and I heard her chuckle.