Cancer Apocalypse Part 2

Cells have the sacred task of working to keep the body alive.

Such action is also to ensure their own survival for as long as possible.

But in situations like these it was better to abandon the mission and focus on surviving first.

After all, they could not keep the body functioning if they all perished.

Once the white cells had formed a defensive line against those monstrosities, all the red cells had become stuck in front of the entrance to the heart.

And it was for this reason that the place looked like an ocean of red as there were many red cells coming from behind which found that the flow they were so used to had stopped.

AE-3803 had finally made it out of the tunnel and had made sure to get as far away from the crowd as possible.

Being crushed could hurt her new baby.

Still, it wasn't hard to hear the chatter of other erythrocytes.

"What's going on?"

"We can't stop the blood flow like this! We have to distribute the oxygen!"

"DON'T GO IN IT'S DANGEROUS!"

"IT WILL BE MORE DANGEROUS WHEN THIS BODY FREEZES! AGAIN!"

"The white cells will take care of it! Don't risk your life pointlessly!"

AE-3803 rubbed his forehead.

It was understandable the level of hysteria that was being caused.

If the heart stopped delivering oxygen to the other cells a collapse of the entire society as it was known would occur.

It was for this reason that she could see some of her fellow reds deciding to move forward anyway despite the danger in order to try to complete their function.

Would... would they eventually be forced to do so by high command orders?...

AE decided to de-stress by ordering some food.

And a lot of it she required as she had to eat for two.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is often said that if you are repeatedly subjected to a situation hundreds of times you eventually become desensitized to it regardless of how traumatic it may be.

He had stopped feeling discomfort every time he woke up inside a cloning tube.

He had stopped caring if his old friend U-1146 was the only other life form that didn't see him as an abominable beast of filth and pure hatred.

Eventually being forgotten in the infinite void wasn't even relevant anymore.

And having suffered the pain of beatings, sword cuts and knives on a constant basis he had reached a point where he didn't even pay attention to them.

At that moment there was only one thing on which he would put all his effort and immortal determination.

To eliminate these insects that had interfered so much in his plans.

"PERFORIN CANNON PUNCH!"

That thing again?

Well, his muscles were inversely proportional to his thinking capabilities.

And no wonder... these were all slaves programmed from birth to follow orders without question.

Well, Cancer could also try new things.