An Opportunity Part 2

UA-3846 couldn't tell if it was just that legendary luck his parents always seemed to possess that make them find his mother on the way back home... or his father already knew very well all the routes his mother usually had assigned and he was actively looking for her almost the entire time... or if there was some other kind of explanation.

The erythrocyte smiled with much love as U-1146 approached to her and, as UA expected, his father didn't waste time and allowed his mother to hug him.
It's not like he would complain, being hugged by AE-3803 the whole day would be an experience so comfortable UA gladly would accept if the possibility ever appeared.

"My little boy." she caressed the hair of her son.

"Your final delivery of today is for the right arm?" U-1146 asked as they all started walking.

"The right hand." she clarified. "It has been a long day."

"Yeah... it has." he gulped. "Anyway, don't take too long." he kissed his wife.

The happy couple was too focused on their happiness that they didn't pay any attention to the fact they were the attention center of all the other cells that happened to be crossing that route.

Even though the body contained approximately at least 37 trillions of cells and all those persons usually lived their lives without bothering to interact a lot with each other... it was a truth that the rumors spread at an exponential velocity. Because of this, and how much time had happened since they both had started their strange relationship, it wasn't weird that more than half of all red and white blood cells had at least heard the story of the white-blood-cell who was always there to protect his beloved red-blood cell.

Many that saw UA-3846 but didn't know about how he was related to AE-3803 and U-1146 just wondered why this red-blood-cell had white hair... but seeing him along this couple basically explained everything... as confusing as the idea could be.

However, when a rumor gets confirmed, it's even faster the speed at which the news travels through the body... and this caused that this news reached the ears of the highest-ranked cells... the ones that basically owned the world.
A group of cells was watching images and recording of AE-3803, U-1146, and their son, all this thanks to their very advanced computers.

Sincerely, they didn't bother at all that an erythrocyte and a neutrophil had fallen in love with each other. The relationship didn't seem to interfere with their obligations and, in fact, it had the opposite effect as both were in a better good mood to work. Even if they started to be indifferent about their jobs, there were more than enough cells that having them being inactive would make no difference surely.

They were the smartest cells of the entire body, this kind of details didn't affect them.

What actually had gotten their attention was... the hybrid cell.
The only certain thing was that the immune cells would be punished for not reporting this sooner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U-1146 was attempting his best to continue looking normal to his wife.

Really, he knew that, at that moment, he shouldn't need to worry. Lady Macrophage and U-4989 wouldn't visit the house to tell AE their opinion... no, it was a problem he would have to deal with the next day... and it wasn't like she could guess what kind of incident their son had been involved at unless he himself told her...
Yet, he was very nervous... it was amazing how he wasn't afraid of all those monsters he had to face almost every day ... but this terrified him.

Anybody who discovered this would be either confused or amused at how a neutrophil could be afraid of an erythrocyte instead of being the other way around as it usually was... if AE-3803 was a macrophage it, at least, would have been inside of what could be considered as reasonable to believe.