A Different Kind Of Opportunity

Another macrophage, that Lady Macrophage had requested to take care of her class while she was busy, was walking outside the room very nervously.

She had received the opportunity to finally start practicing so she could become a good teacher in the future... and on her first day, something unusual and bad had already happened.

She wondered if she should inform her teacher already about this, as some macrophages and neutrophils were already looking for the missing child... but she shook her head. This was about the life of a poor child, the more help, the better.

She started knocking on the door quickly. "Lady M-1458! Lady M-1458! it's an emergency.

The four cells that were inside the room gasped and backed off a little due to the sudden interruption and the strong sound on the door. However, lady Macrophage aka M-1458 didn't take too long to allow her student to enter.

"It must be very important if you abandoned your post in the classroom," M-1458 commented.

The two neutrophils rubbed their chins, wondering what the emergency could be given their sensors didn't activate.

"I don't detect anything." commented U-1146, even checking in case it, for some random reason, was broken or something.

"Me neither." U-4989 nodded. Their artifacts were working perfectly.

AE-3803, who had barely recovered from the fear of all those thoughts of her little boy wanting to follow his father's step... felt her heart sink into the darkness as the student macrophage explained the situation.

"The boy UA-3846 is nowhere to be found!"

Everybody, but especially the parents of the young cell, was shocked in horror at this.

"WHAT?!" AE-3803 stood up immediately. Her scream, unlike any of the other situations she had been involved in, couldn't be described as funny or cute from any other perspective. It was the scream of a mother in a mental state of panic.

The macrophage M-1458 placed both her hands on the shoulders of her student, her usual smile had vanished and it had been replaced by true concern. "Dear... I want you to be totally honest... has he really disappeared?"

"We have been looking for him through all the corridors and outside the building, but it's like he became into air... he never arrived at class in the first place..." the shame the young macrophage displayed denoted how sorry she was.

U-1146 had to stop his wife from running away without even a second thought. "I'm not gonna ask you to stay here, just let me help you."

U-4989 also stood up without hesitation. "I'll look for him too!"

M-1458, trying to do not let her feelings cloud her mind and remain effective, nodded. "Let's separate. Perhaps I should go check outside the bonemarrow, just in case."

To say U-1146 was having trouble keeping up with his wife's speed, which thanks to her nature as a red blood cell was incredible, would be not making justice to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As he slowly was recovering his capacity to move once more, he, at first, moved his fingers to open and close his fists. After that, the hybrid attempted to stand up on the table... the keyword was that: attempted.

His body still just couldn't handle the weight of all his body and he ended up lying upon the table again.

"Tranquil, just relax." a female voice told him kindly. "It will take a while before you're able to stand by yourself once more."