Day At Work

UA-3846 didn't say a thing during the whole dinner.

Yet, there was a clear difference between his silence this night compared to the one from some days ago.

His face the first time denoted some tones of... either fear... or sadness.

Now, it was rather as if his eyes lacked "soul".

The most alarming thing, however, was the fact U-1146 had needed to go out to combat bacteria as his radar got activated... and UA-3846, unlike all the previous times, didn't say something like: have luck dad!

AE-3803 sat by his side and placed a hand on his head as she caressed his hair. "Are you sure nothing happened to you... in the brain?"

Out of context, that sentence would sound pretty dark.

UA-3846 shook his head slowly and closed his eyes. "You have nothing to worry... mom..."

How would his mother react to the revelation he had discovered?... the fact that it didn't really matter if she did that job she appreciated so much...

He didn't want to disturb her with everything he had learned.

Telling the truth, he wasn't sure if it would have been better just not asking anything to that neuron.

"If you say so..." AE-3803 had... some kind of "sixth sense" or something like that as her macrophage "mother" had described it... and because of this she knew that was a lie... but she couldn't force the information out from him if he didn't want to cooperate.

Although still a little angry at the neurons for what happened... at least now she had the feeling of security of knowing her boy wasn't truly comparable to Cancer.

She felt offended though... how they have even dared to think her precious little "angel" could be any similar to that.. thing.

Her little angel...

There were days still AE-3808 was surprised. It was a miracle that she had been allowed to be a mother.

It was something that wasn't supposed to happen... and yet here he was... with his honey-like eyes like hers and his white hair like his father's.

AE-3803 wondered if it could have been possible that it would have been the opposite.

Perhaps... she would discover that one day...

UA-3846 placed his dish over the table as he ensured everything it contained was now making its way to be consumed inside his stomach.

He sighed.

"Are you full?" his mother asked to confirm.

UA-3846 simply nodded slowly. "Yes... thanks, mother..."

He blinked a few times until he stood up and he began walking in the direction to his room. "I'll go to sleep..."

"Don't you want me to carry you?" AE-3803 raised her eyebrow partially in confusion and partially in sadness.

"No... it's fine... I've grown up already..." Honestly, he just didn't want to cause more trouble after such a day.

As the boy closed the door of his room, AE-3803 could only sigh.

It was true... the boy continued growing every day. And while it was marvelously cute seeing this process day to day... it also caused internal conflict.

Perhaps it was another part of the reason she didn't want him to fight bacteria? to avoid creating a future where he didn't behave like her cute baby anymore?