The Song of Sirens(II)

"Oh,her?Yeah,I know her,it's going to take a while.Why don't you sit down,let me prepare some tea"

The old clock's ticking sound echoes throughout the tea room that's filled with lavender flowers.

In the corner of the room,two men,a young journalist and a sailor sitting opposite each other.The sound of pouring tea pushed away the clock's noise for a few seconds,before being overwhelmed by it again.A light smell of tea mixed into a space full of lavender' smell,it isn't a thing the journalist expected while visiting an old sailor like the man next to him,but it's still a welcome one.

"So, you want to ask me about her"-the old sailor gave him a cup of tea with sugar-"Admiral Flandre Auler....I mean Blanche,then I'm afraid that you've come here at the wrong time.If you asked me earlier,I could've let you meet my wife,but she's now at the hospital,if you have more time..."

"That's unfortunate,because my flight is in three hours,I only have one hour left the way,did your wife meet her?"

"Very unfortunate indeed.Anyway,you asked if she had met her,well,it's more than that,but she isn't here.Instead,would you like to spend some time listening to this sailor telling you some stories,like...Battle of Oured Bay?I guess that those stories had been included in history books,but listening from a witness is better,right?As long as you can keep it in secret-"

"Thanks,but I've heard that story many times-"

"I am an officer that was onboard the Black Sparrow that day"

The journalist was about to leave,but hearing the words of the sailor,he sat back to the bench.Seeing that,the ex-navy man smiled:

"Care about it now,young man?As I said,keep this story in secret"

"You're just five years older than me.Whatever,fine,I will keep the secret,so you said you were a sailor onboard OFS Black Sparrow that day?"

"Yeah,so sit down and have some tea,it will take quite a bit of time...."

**

Tuuuu*

The sound of ships' horns rumbled across the silent sea

Behind the coverage of white mist and darkness,the fleet of seven warships split into two.The ships with blue light,the Arleigh Burke-class destroyers changed their course away from the shoreline,aiming their guns at the fleet behind them.

Meanwhile,the ships with red light,the Black Sparrow,along with her escort continued to sail parallel to the beachside.A missed tank's shell almost hit the flagship while they came too close to the shore,but the Admiral,by then still a Rear Admiral,ordered them to continue to move straight forward.

The moon has disappeared into the night clouds,leaving the fleet behind with complete darkness as their coverage.But not for very long,the closer they move to Oured District 1,the more bright in the city is,and the more the ships appeal to the city civilians and soldiers on the shore

"Ma'am,we're just 1 kilometer from District 1"

"No coastal gun alert,meaning that General Johnson was right,they are on our side.The only big problem here is the CSF 1"

Ping!*

On the radar information mailed from the control room to Sodem' laptop,Flandre could see that there are 33 significant signals in the region,each representing all warships currently surfacing.Minus three dots on the left that represent her ship and two cruisers next to them and four more from the Burke group at the North,that would leave them with 26 ships.Three of them have stopped moving,leaving 23 keep sailing on their voyage