Mess 8 (Ally)

"Well, that was interesting," Lenox says as we exit the bathroom.

Joan and Burt smile with thumbs up and wish us luck.

I wave them off and rush Lenox along. "To say the least," I add in while double checking the state of my clothes. "Although I'm kinda worried getting the police's permission is going to ruin my public sex kink."

Lenox perks up, like any time any girl brings up anything even vaguely sexual to a guy. "That would be unfortunate."

I shrug my shoulders. "Oh well, I've got a long list of others to explore." I smile at him, playing with the putty he is in my hands.

Lenox full stops to look at me, eyes all horned up again before some logic gets in his way and he frowns. "Stop messing with me like that."

"Stop making it so easy," I laugh back. We get to where I parked, and Lenox gets my door for me. Not deterred by my earlier comments against foe gentlemanly kindness, I guess. And then he's hovering.

"Did you want a goodnight kiss?" I ask with clear appall, making it easy for him to glean to see how much the sentiment would turn me off.

Lenox looks at his feet and shakes his head. "Forget it."

Asshole. I hate that. Him not telling me is going to make me obsessed with wanting to know what he was going to say. But prying insinuated an interest that I did not have in him and did not want him to misunderstand. So, I start my car. "It was nice getting to know what it was like having sex with you."

"Same," he replies, watching as I go.

"Bye, Lenox Leonard Letsky," I say to reinforce this will be the last time this will be happening.

He nods me off with a lift of his head. And I leave feeling suspicious that something is off. I've just parked on the street outside our townhouse when I get a text message.

Lenox: Our truth or dare game never ended.

And then immediately after.

Lenox: I dare you to go out with me again next week.

I sigh.

Me: Annoyed emoji. When and where.