PART TWO: FIREFLY

Fiona didn't want the day to be wasted after being allowed to join us. We were walking along the bay, chasing the plucked leaves, and chatting at the park. A journey to get through here by spending many sentimental nights together, we continue to spend our time together as friends.

When I was a child, Julie and I used to catch fireflies and keep them in a jar so we could watch them at night. If only I knew what she was experiencing, I would've continued spending time with her. At the park, at the garden, at the basement where we'll be fond of the jar. She is now pursuing her dream somewhere in the city, but we rarely keep in touch. No matter how far it is, I wish to open that jar again.

The sun is driven away, white noise is fading in the air. "Let's watch the sunset," Harry suggests to the group. "If this were the beach, the view would've been stunning," he added. We sat down, and I was mesmerized by the colors of the sky. The vibrant color orange goes well with tints of gray and red. As the clouds pass by, the sun is drifting away.
Fiona brought out her baked goods. Doughnuts that taste soft, sweet, and tasty. We gathered around a stone table to eat, and I always loved her baking skills. She always makes different flavors and is never afraid to let us try them. My favorite was the doughnut that had the flavors of strawberry and mocha with a strawberry cream filling inside, and mocha on top. The aroma of freshly baked doughnuts is ineffably good.

"Fiona, the doughnuts are amazing," Wayne said. "What flavor is this?"

Looking sideways as she's far away from Wayne. "If you see the color, you can tell what flavor it is," Fiona said, taking a bite of a chocolate doughnut. "It's vanilla, of course."

"Well, I think you should bake for the whole world," Wayne added.

I had an idea, "What if you start your own business? A doughnut-related one?"

The group froze and Harry struggled to take the powder in his mouth. "I like that idea. Fiona, what if I start this business with you?" he asked Fiona. As soon as she finished her doughnut, I pictured her hair blown by the winds and she was there imagining her future.

"I'm not sure, but earning lots of money is a person's dream," she pointed at the doughnuts. Fiona began to look around the place, "I want the location to be there. Shops are doing well down there." As we all turned our heads, we realized that it was the alleyways that she was talking about.

Harry quickly finished swallowing. "I'm in. We should become co-owners." And I thought to myself that everything was going fast. Here I am, sitting in the middle of their conversation as if I was on all of their ways. I turned my head to the sunset and watched as it began to turn pink. Jade wiped the powder off of her lips and began to join. "Do you even know the look of the shop?" Jade asked the duo. "Coffee shop, I presumed. I like that, whereas your baked goods will be displayed."

"You will need me," Wayne interrupted. "As you all know, I aspire to be an architect and this is one of the reasons why I chose this occupation." He brought out his portfolio for art classes and architecture is the perfect work for him. Showing pieces of furniture that'll fit the ambiance of the shop. "How about you, Jade?"

"What about me? Do I want to join the coffee business?"

"I was curious about what you aspire to be. Since we're on the verge of discussing it," Wayne said, fixing the mess he made as he continued eating his doughnut.

"I aspire to be a nurse but on the other hand, my parents dreamt of me as an actress." Jade begins to tell her inspirations, "When I was seven, I got the flu and I was at my weakest point. To the point that I felt the need to help others, so we wouldn't share the same pain."

Fiona held Jade's hands as she heard what she went through, "That must've been a traumatic experience for you. But I'm assured that you're doing better and that you aspire to help other's pain." Jade felt touched as she pressed her hands against her chest, "I'll be a nurse not only for the sick but for my friends too."

"How about you, Charlie? What do you aspire to be?" Harry asked me a question about my aspirations.