PART TWENTY: EGO

February 14, 1998, Saturday

I wouldn't believe that someone like Fiona would ditch Valentine's Day to practice for her moves in cheerleading. As soon as she told us she's auditioning, Jade has been teaching her like a professional coach in a pageant. After all, she covered most of the anxiety students have by stepping onto the stage. The next thing I knew, Jade is counting and Fiona is doing great.

Will she keep it up until the 23rd? It would be good for her to find an extracurricular activity after school. We can't be like Wayne, who is struggling for his outfit. "I'm telling you that coat looks nice. Here, I'll button it up for you," I said, as I grabbed the brown coat and made him wear it. "I think it looks better unbuttoned," Fiona replied, as someone interested in fashion and style. "Remove that blue shirt and replace it with a white sleeves and black vest."

We immediately followed her orders and Harry eventually found the requirements. "Wayne, you look handsome right now. You should be thanking Fiona," Harry said after putting on the coat on his shoulders.

Wayne removes the coat, "I do, don't I?"

"You are, you look hot," the girls said. "Put it back on and you're dangerous for this world," Jade added.

"I'm telling you. Whatever happens today, we'll kick his ego," I said.

"Rode, too harsh but don't forget that," Harry replied.

He starts to go to a restaurant and comes back the next hour. After all, the restaurant is right in front of Jade's house. He starts to wear off his clothes in an urgent manner and starts to wash his face off.

"Wayne, we'll finish him tonight. Just say the word," Fiona tried to keep his spirits as she was standing by the bathroom door.

Wayne angrily said, "He brought another girl. A girl. Are you kidding me?"

Harry was confused, "Couldn't it possibly be his friend?'

"Friends don't kiss for an hour long. I must've been an idiot to trust someone like him."

"It's on, let's destroy his Valentine's Day," Harry added.

"No, don't. Just let him be," he replied.

Jade and I started to plan. Jade gathered everybody, "How about let's take you out on a date? All of us, hurry to the closet." We made Wayne wear his outfit and never break his ego. "That smile will turn to a life soon. We're heading to the bar."

"What? We're underage," he answered.

"There's that Wayne we know, of course not, we're not going to a bar."

Jade said, "I know someone who's having a birthday party. Let's crash in, she won't mind that I've brought a few guests. No one does."

Harry in a worried tone, "Just make sure you don't find a lover."

We headed to Jade's friend's birthday, we were introduced to a bunch of people in Jade's life. She must be a figure to the whole society. Wayne partied hard as he saw most of his foods and all of us used the karaoke machine. We made our day to make sure he's not getting anywhere with that frown on his mouth. We ended the day with Fiona's lipstick all smudged. No, she did not find a lover. It's just someone who bumped into her while she's doing her makeup.