Prologue

How does someone cope with their unfashionable life? As if I was adapting to the phases of puberty, that isn't something I'm incapable of and unaware of. Once the moment thirteen strikes the clock, every memory turns anew as if it's from dust and ashes they return. Thrilling as it goes further in May, it started as a mark of the puberty stages—an unbearing mustache that's visible and endearing at the sight and an irritating acne. The door slightly opens, and there goes the staircase. I reach for the bag of beans, high up in the closet beneath my tip-toes.
        Nothing's better than a cup of coffee. Pouring the whistling kettle, I eagerly pursed my lips, and down it went to the mug. A sip turned into something that's becoming more than a gradual taste. An oozing essence that overcrowds the taste buds, i.e. never bothered checking the coldness of the coffee. I watched myself in the mirror, blinking faster than usual and disguising the slippery tears as I visualized my burnt tongue. I felt the moment stop as the cup became more and more absorbed. Nothing is better than a cup of burned tongue.
        No one's awake but me. The blinding reflection hit my eye as I went halfway to the sink—looking for something to dry. I spilled milk onto the rug that was left to set aside. I was no more than the light, but I flew back across the room.
        "Lights on. Lights off," I stated before hallucinating, but no technology responded.