14. Saturday Feb 3rd.

Journey POV.
its Day 2: Saturday 3rd February. we went to Honey Bee's House of Breakfast. Chase and Noah got coffee. Emma and I got apple juice. Noah got House special Breakfast. Chase and Emma got French toast. I got Eggs bacon smoked sausage hash browns. then we went walking around. we went to In-N-Out Burger. we all got root beer. we got a Cheeseburger and French Fries. then got a Chocolate shake and a Vanilla shake. then we took a Stroll around Venice Beach Boardwalk. we went back to track for Practice. but with potentially ‘life threatening’ weather on the way, the main event has been abruptly moved from Sunday to Saturday. The call to reschedule the event was made just hours before teams were scheduled to take to the track for qualifying. Now, the event format has been adjusted with heat races and the LCQ race removed from the schedule. The field will be set entirely from practice qualifying. Teams are split into three groups and they will be on track for three rounds of practice. The groups are set by owner points from last season. The final practice round is a 4 minute qualifying session with 6 cars on track at a time. The top 22 cars overall transfer into the event from their lap time in the final practice session. The 23rd starting spot will go to the highest finisher in points from the 2023 season who did not qualify on their lap time. 36 teams are entered in the event, they’re sending 13 home early.
Denny Hamlin will start tonight’s NASCAR race from the pole position. He turned a lap at 13.139 seconds. Christopher Bell and Ryan Blaney were one of only a few cars to run scuffed tires in the qualifying session. It didn’t work as both cars were in the elimination zone. Blaney will start the race from the tail of the field with the one and only provisional. before Chase got in the car we hug and he kissed Emma and me. then I said a little prayer and went to the grand stand to watch the 2024 Busch Clash.
Starting Lineup.
1 Denny Hamlin
2 Joey Logano
3 Ty Gibbs
4 Alex Bowman.
5 Kyle Busch.
6 William Byron.
7 Ross Chastain.
8 Kyle Larson.
9 Bubba Wallace
10 Justin Haley.
11 Tyler Reddick
12 Ryan Preece
13 Brad Keselowski
14 Chase Elliott.
15 Todd Gilliland.
16 Michael McDowell.
17 Noah Gragson.
18 Corey LaJoie.
19 Martin Truex Jr.
20 Ricky Stenhouse Jr
21 John Hunter Nemechek
22 Chase Briscoe.
23 Ryan Blaney.
Green flag.
LAP 1 Denny Hamlin leads the field to the green from the inside with Joey Logano on the outside, Joey Logano gets the lead.
LAP 3 Denny Hamlin back to the lead.
LAP 27 Ross Chastain gets out of the groove from 10th and falls to 13th.
LAP 50 Ty Gibbs to the lead.
LAP 57 Joey Logano passes Denny Hamlin for 2nd.
LAP 64 Denny Hamlin down to 7th.
LAP 71 Todd Gilliland spins from 22nd bringing out the caution.
LAP 71 Ty Gibbs leads the field to the green from the inside with Joey Logano on the outside, Joey Logano gets to the lead.
LAP 74 John Hunter Nemechek spins from 19th after contact from Corey LaJoie.
LAP 75 Joey Logano leads the field to the green from the inside with Kyle Busch on the outside, Joey Logano is the leader when the halfway break caution comes out, Kyle Larson was 2nd after a great restart.
LAP 76 Joey Logano leads the field to the green from the inside with Ty Gibbs on the outside, Kyle Larson gave up 2nd to restart on the inside, Kyle Larson bumps Joey Logano nearly gets the lead, Chase Elliott spins in turn 2.
LAP 77 Bubba Wallace spins from 7th after contact from Tyler Reddick, Alex Bowman also involved.
LAP 78 Joey Logano leads the field to the green from the inside with Ty Gibbs on the outside, Kyle Larson is 3rd with Denny Hamlin in 4th, Ross Chastain spins in turn 2 bringing out the caution after contact from Ricky Stenhouse Jr, Tyler Reddick had a restart violation, Ricky Stenhouse Jr and Michael McDowell were mad at each other under caution.
LAP 79 Ty Gibbs leads the field to the green from the inside with Joey Logano on the outside, Denny Hamlin is 3rd with William Byron in 4th, Ty Gibbs pulls away.
LAP 137 Justin Haley is slow on the front stretch and comes to the infield.
LAP 140 Ross Chastain spins Michael McDowell in turn 3 after Ross Chastain bounced off the wall.
LAP 141 Ty Gibbs leads the field to the green from the inside with Joey Logano on the outside, Denny Hamlin restarts 3rd with Ryan Blaney in 4th, Kyle Busch is 5th, Bubba Wallace in 6th, Kyle Larson in 7th, William Byron in 8th, Joey Logano gets out of the groove in turn 2, Denny Hamlin gets the lead.
LAP 147 Ty Gibbs gets loose in turn 2 and Kyle Busch its to 2nd.
LAP 149 Ty Gibbs spins 5th after contact from Kyle Larson in 6th.
LAP 150 Denny Hamlin leads the field to the green from the inside with Ryan Blaney on the outside, Kyle Busch is 3rd, Kyle Larson in 4th, Joey Logano in 5th, Martin Truex Jr. in 6th, Bubba Wallace in 7th, William Byron in 8th.
LAP 151 Denny Hamlin wins, Ross Chastain and Tyler Reddick wreck in turn 2.
1 Denny Hamlin
2 Kyle Busch.
3 Ryan Blaney.
4 Joey Logano
5 Kyle Larson.
6 Alex Bowman.
7 Chase Briscoe.
8 Brad Keselowski
9 Martin Truex Jr.
10 William Byron.
11 Ryan Preece
12 Bubba Wallace Jr
13 Tyler Reddick
14 John Hunter Nemechek
15 Ross Chastain.
16 Ricky Stenhouse Jr
17 Corey LaJoie.
18 Ty Gibbs
19 Michael McDowell.
20 Noah Gragson.
21 Justin Haley.
22 Chase Elliott.
23 Todd Gilliland.
after the race was over we went to Visit Santa Monica Pier. then we went to Steak 48 Beverly Hills. Noah took Emma back to the motorhome. Chase and I got tea. he got New York NY Strip. I got Filet Mignon. then got Lou Lou's Homemade Cookies & Cream Gelato Cake and Peanut Butter Pie. last thing was a Beignet. then we get pack and left for home. we have to get ready for baby girl. I wonder what Chase is going to pick as her first name. I hope its a good one. I'm sure the name will.