Chapter 3

Monday morning, and Anna walked into Colburn publishing once again and grinned, her first day, and she was nervous, and buzzing at the same time. She walked to the elevator and pressed the button for the doors to open, she stepped in and waited for the doors to close but just as they were about to close, another young woman with brown hair and blue eyes, Anna's age, slipped through the doors. She smiled at Anna, "First day?"
Anna nodded, "Yeah."
"Mine too." She grinned, "Are you as nervous as I am?"
Anna laughed, "If you feel like your coming close to fainting with excitement and nerves at the same time. Then yes."
They both laughed then the woman held out her hand, "I'm Helen by the way."
Anna smiled and shook her hand, "Anna."
Helen grinned, "Pretty name."
"Thanks, you too." Anna smiled, the doors opened and they stepped out. Helen looked around nervously, "I hope we're in the same office, at least then I'll be with someone I know so I'm not too shy." She laughed. Anna nodded in agreement, "Yeah, I know how you feel on that one."
She smiled and and they were greeted by a young man with short blonde hair, "You're the new employees?" He asked. They nodded and he smiled, "Alright, follow me." He said, leading down the hallway. Helen glanced over Anna and smiled, "Here we go."
Anna giggled and crossed her fingers, "Please let this not be a total disaster."
Helen nodded in agreement, "I know right?"
They laughed quietly and stopped beside a large circular area, four desks were sat in opposite sides of the office section, two of them of companied by two other women. They turned and smiled, one of them with shiny black hair and sea green eyes waved, "Hi, I'm Grace, nice to meet you both."
Helen smiled, "Hi, I'm Helen, and this is Anna."
Anna waved and the girl with the blond hair and blue eyes grinned, "Hi, I'm Willow." She said, "You guys don't have to be so nervous, once you get used to this and get to know people in the building, you'll be fine."
Helen smiled and nudged Anna, "Guess it's not so bad."
"No, it's actually better than I thought it'd be." Anna smiled.

After a couple hours, Anna was at her work as fast as she could go, taking a few seconds to drink some coffee before she got back to it. She jumped in surprise and looked up at the sound of someone's voice came from behind her, "I see I made the right choice in hiring you."
Anna blushed to see Harry was leaning against her desk, a sly grin on his face. She smiled shyly, "Good morning sir."
Harry smiled, "Morning." He peaked over her shoulder to see how much work she had done so far on her first morning, he nodded with a very impressed look on his face, "I defiantly don't regret hiring you."
Anna blushed and smiled shyly, "Thank you sir."
Grace and Willow grinned at each other and Helen drew love hearts to them and pointed to Anna and their boss. They giggled and Harry raised an eyebrow at them before nodding at them politely, "Good morning to you too ladies."
"Good morning." They said politely.
Harry smiled back down to Anna, "I see you've made some new friends?"
Anna nodded and smiled at the girls, they grinned back at her and Harry smiled, "Well, I'll leave you to it."
They watched him walk and Anna bit her lower lip, feeling her blood rush to her cheeks again.
Grace grinned, "Oh, you like him." She sang.
Willow giggled, "Aww, cute."
Helen smiled, "He seems to be taking a interest in you. I think he likes you."
Anna shook her head, "No way, a guy like him? Trust me, there is nothing here that is special." She sighed, gesturing to herself.
Grace pouted, "Oh come on, he's never paid so much attention to a new employee. He's totally into you."
Anna rolled her eyes, smiling, "No he isn't. I'll need a thousand years of proof before I believe that a man like him is interested in a girl like me." She smiled wider and turned back to her work.