Chapter 24

Time skip!!!

It had been 3 months since Anna had been kidnapped by Trent Samuels. Harry had finally been released from the hospital and was free to help with the investigation, looking for his bride to be. Not to mention that her parents were now beside him, shaken and broken at the news that their daughter was missing. Anna's mother, Carol was cradling her grandson in her arms, staring down at him sadly, "He reminds me of Anna you know. She used to play with my hair just like Nate does." She murmured.
Her husband, Will smiled sadly, "Except she would try to eat your hair."
Carol let out a small, exhausted chuckle as Nate's eyes began to close and he nuzzled closer to his grandmother's warm hold. Harry stared down at his 3 month old son, feeling his heart breaking at the thought that he hadn't seen his mother for over 3 months and may never see her again. This thought also however, angered him. He clenched his good fist and walked towards the desk he had occupied. Unlocking the top draw and pulling out a file titled 'Anna's birthday surprise' he screwed his eyes closed for a moment before taking a breath and pulling out the building documents inside. His eyes scanned over the blue prints he and a few friends of his had worked on a short while after he had found out Anna was pregnant. He even still had the list of materials that were needed and the plans for how he had wanted it to look like as Anna had once described a house she saw in a dream once. The large living room, the enormous kitchen, the conservatory, the spare rooms, the baby's room, their room, bathrooms, attic, even the front porch. They were all still in there. Then lastly, a sketch of the finished house, paper clipped to the contract and an envelope with Anna's new key inside still waiting to be used. Harry fell into his chair with a large sigh and rubbed his eyes, imagining what their life would've been like if Anna hadn't have been taken from him. If the three of them were living in that house right now, one happy family. They would have been married and maybe even thinking about a second child. But all that was ruined by one man. Harry was just about ready to punch something but sudden commotion made him pause and look up to see a young police officer running to the detective with a few other officers, "Sir! Samuels is hacking into our computer mainframe." He panted.
Steele narrowed his eyes, and looked at the young man, "Show me."
The officer nodded and began typing away on one of the main computer systems, frantically trying to find something.  Harry rose form his seat and crowed around with the other men in the room. Anna's parents and Nate joined his side, "What's happening? Did they find her?" Will asked hopefully.
Harry shook his head, "I don't think so. Trent's up to something. He 's hacking into us for some reason."
Carol went to speak but before she could all the screens in the room went blank and the larger one in front of them all fuzzed with static before focusing and revealed a horrifying face that made everyone in the room tense up. Trent's manically grinning face stared back, tapping the camera tauntingly, "Peek-a-boo." He sang, then cackled to himself, "Hello my dear friends of the police force. Bet you're just itching in your seats aren't you? Itching to know where I am, but that's the thing." He went back up to the camera again, "You'll never fiiiind meeeeeeeee." He sang once again, taunting them further. He then leaned closer to the camera, "I know you're watching Harry Colburn. Just standing there, poor little arm still in that sling. You're useless aren't you? Poor poor Colburn can't do a thing. Awwwwww." He pouted. Harry growled almost like an animal and clenched his good hand into a tight fist, feeling his short nails dig into his skin and cut his palm. But Trent didn't stop there, he leaned back slightly and tilted his head, speaking in his sing-song tone again, "Looky here what I found." He stepped aside and revealed a body lying on the stone floor, wrists and ankles bound. Carol gasped and Will looked away at the sight of their daughter lying there. Not moving. Harry rested a hand on Will's shoulder, "Take Nate and Carol out. Now."
The older man nodded and lead his wife and grandson out while Carol sobbed loudly, calling Anna's name, with Nate beginning to cry in her arms, he knew something was wrong. Harry turned back to the screen, fighting the urge to lunge at the screen or run to his crying son. Trent walked around Anna's body and kicked her back a few times softly, "Had to rough her up a bit. Too bad, she really is a pretty one isn't she?" He kneeled down and grabbed her hair, pulling her head up, "Say hello sweetheart, your boyfriend is watching. Don't you wanna look pretty?"
When Anna didn't respond Harry nearly stormed out of the room to hunt him down. Until her eyes fluttered open and she whispered one thing, "Harry."
He felt his heart finally split completely as a few stray tears fell down his cheeks. Trent threw her back onto the floor, causing her head to connect with it and knock her out cold while he murmured, "Touching." He stood up straight again, throwing his arms out wide like a magician about to perform, "Now then, I'm prepared to offer you a deal. You see... You took everything from me, and I wanted to do the same to you but I've thought about it. And well, why do all the dirty work when you can just pay me back all that you took? You're a rich dickhead anyway. I want 50 million in the next 12 hours." He then gestured to Anna's body beside him, "If you take even a second longer..." He dragged a finger across his throat, "Rules of this is, you come alone, you find me, pay me, and maybe... Just maybe, I'll give her back to you. Ready? Your time starts in..." He looked down at his bare wrist sarcastically, "3... 2..........Go!" And with that the screen went blank. Harry spun on his heel and stormed from the room just as Steele ran after him, "Mr Colburn!"
"You're not stopping me." Harry yelled as he continued walking. The detective appeared by his side, panting from running after him, "I never said I was going to. But you don't even know where she is yet. My guys are working on it before all traces disappear. If he hadn't had cut the power in most of the other computers we could've done it quicker." He mumbled, "He's smart. Insane, but smart."
"He has a death wish. When I find him, I'm going to kill him."

A/N: dun dun duun he's pissed XD another chapter done, sry its short. This story may be coming to a close soon tho as my ideas are running out fast. I'm literally writing this with no planning what so ever -_- welp, see ya next time ^^