Chapter 9

The evaluator doors pinged open and Anna raced over, "Mom, Dad!" She whooped. Harry looked around to see a woman with long brown hair like Anna's she also had green eyes. A man with black hair and brown eyes like Anna's pulled her into a bone crushing hug. Carol sighed happily, "My little girl, I missed you so much."
"I missed you too." Anna whispered, her voice breaking slightly. Will, squeezed her tighter, "About time I saw my baby girl again."
Anna laughed softly and drew back from her parents' embrace only to be almost tackled by two 10 year old boys with dark brown hair. She giggled and hugged them tightly, "Hey guys." She looked her cousins over to see they were also in their pyjamas. Anna held her hands up for high fives, "You're getting the hang of the Christmas pj day."
The older twin, Quinn, who had brown eyes, grinned, "Yep, we flew here in them and everything."
Darren, the younger twin with blue eyes, held his arms up, "Why did you take so long to come visit?"
Anna scooped him up and hugged him tight, "I'm sorry buddy. Life was a complete upside down roller coaster ride."
Carol smiled sympathetically at her daughter, "So it really was that bad?"
Anna nodded, then realised someone was missing. She looked over to the kitchen area to see Harry making coffee, she smiled, "Don't tell me you're going shy on me already."
Harry laughed softly and made his way over to kiss her cheek softly, "I was making your parents some hot drinks." He pouted. Anna giggled and flicked his pouted lip playfully. Harry narrowed his eyes with a smirk playing across his lips, "You're lucky you're holding your cousin right now."
She laughed again and turned to her parents while letting Darren back on his feet, "Mom, Dad, this is Harry. Harry, these are my parents Carol and Will."
Harry smiled and held his hand out for a handshake, "Nice to meet you."
Carol smiled, returning his handshake, "Nice to meet you too. Been a while since we've met the boyfriend." She laughed.
Will sighed, "And those were the years when I was sure my baby girl was safe from heartache."
Carol swatted his arm softly, "Honey, we agreed to be nice."
Will sighed more and held his hand up for a handshake which Harry met half awkwardly and half confidently, "Nice to meet you sir." He said kindly.
Will nodded once then gave him the once over before turning to Anna and his wife, "I'm still not sure about him."
"Dad." Anna groaned, but Harry shook his head and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, "It's ok, gives me a chance to prove to your parents that I'm worthy." He smiled. Anna smiled back, a light blush covering her cheeks. Quinn and Darren looked at each other and then back to their older cousin, "Ewww."
Anna giggled and ruffled their hair before Harry helped her parents with their luggage to find their room.

After everyone was settled, Anna led her blindfolded cousins slowly to the tree, "Ok, you guys ready?"
They nodded at the exact same time and Harry got ready to take off Quinn's blindfold while Anna did the same with Darren. They slipped them off the boys' heads and they gasped, their eyes turning wide and twinkling with excitement. Carol and Will were sat in the sofa and laughed at the boys' reactions at the sight of the giant tree and the pile of gifts underneath it as they jumped with excitement and hugged Harry in thanks. Anna smiled, "Well, you know guys, Harry and I couldn't finish the tree off so..." She pulled the star for the tree top from behind her. The twins whooped then looked at each other in confusion, "Who's gonna put it on the tree?" Darren asked.
"How about both at the same time?" Harry suggested. Anna smiled at him, usually there would be a small falling out about which twin got to do the star on the tree. Harry sat Quinn on his shoulders and Anna scooped Darren up into her arms. The two boys held the star gently at each side and placed it on top of the tree. Their aunt and uncle applauded for them as Anna and Harry put the boys back on their feet. Anna hugged Harry, "They like you."
Harry smiled, "I thought you said they were double trouble, they seem fine to me." He raised an eyebrow. Anna shrugged, "They meet someone new, they act like little angles, you meet them again, they go crazy." She giggled. Harry chuckled and squeezed her tight as they sat on the second couch while the boys picked a Christmas movie.

An hour later, the elevator doors opened again and Harry looked up from the movie they were all currently watching. He grinned to see a woman with blonde hair and blue green eyes along with a man with brown hair, the odd flacks of grey and the same blue eyes as Harry, "Hi Mom, hey Dad." He greeted, standing to hug them.
His mother smiled, "Merry Christmas son."
His father hugged him as well before grinning at the others in the room, "Ah, so this is the girlfriend's family?"
Harry nodded and introduced his parents to everyone. Harry grinned at Anna when their parents began talking together, "They're getting along great." He whispered.
Anna nodded, "I know."
Harry's mother, Lizzie, held up the three shopping bags she had brought in with her, "We brought presents." She sang. Harry rubbed his forehead and Anna giggled, "What?"
"My mom is a sucker for Christmas, and kids." He smiled guiltily.
Lizzie rolled her eyes, "I'm not that bad and I couldn't just come empty handed could we?" She turned to her husband and Anna's parents, who had also brought some presents over from home. They nodded in agreement and Anna smiled, "I like your parents."
Harry chuckled and kissed her forehead, "Knew you would."
Anna grinned and looked down to see Darren pulling her sleeve gently, "Anna, can Quinn and I open a present? We always do on Christmas Eve."
Anna nodded, "Sure buddy. But not any of the huge presents ok? Those are for tomorrow as a surprise."
Darren grinned and ran to his brother before they both picked a small present to open, their eyes sparkling when they saw the toy aeroplanes and began playing together. Anna sat on the sofa and sighed happily as she, Harry and their parents talked happily while drinking egg nog and watching another Christmas movie.