Chapter 4

A month ago, Anna had started working for Colburn publishing and it had been the best month of her life, and pretty soon it was going it be Christmas vacation. She sat her desk and sighed, rubbing her eyes. Helen smiled over to her, sorting through a pile of papers, "What's up?"
"Christmas shopping is what's up." Anna laughed, "I have no idea what to get for my younger cousins for Christmas."
"How old are they?" Grace asked from across the office.
Anna smiled, "They're 10. What do you get a couple of trouble markers?" She laughed, tilting her hand back and groaning. Grace thought for a second then snapped her fingers, "I saw a commercial for these little foam guns, maybe those?" She suggested.
Anna cringed, "I don't know about that, if another one of my Mom's lamps gets broken again, she'll go ape shit crazy." She giggled.
"Morning ladies." Came a voice.
They looked up and smiled at their boss, "Morning Mr Colburn, how are you?" Willow asked polity. Harry nodded at her, "I'm fine, thank you." He then turned his attention to Anna, who was blushing red in the cheeks. He smiled, "So, will I be seeing you at the Christmas party tonight?"
Anna's eyes widened, "That's tonight?" She gasped.
Helen nodded, raising an eyebrow at her, "Yeah, we've only been talking about it for the last two weeks, come on Anna, wake up, what's going on?"
Anna sighed, "I'm sorry guys. I can't, I'm flying out to my parents tomorrow for the holidays." She said sadly. Grace pushed her chair back. The wheels on the bottom rolling her over to Anna's desk, "Oh please please please please? I'm begging you, it's going to be so much fun, you'll love it, pretty please with a cherry on top?"
The other girls pouted and Anna sighed, throwing her hands up in surrender, "Alright, alright, I'll come. But I don't have anything to wear and I can't stay long, my flight leaves tomorrow at 11:00 am."
Helen grinned, "No prob, we'll go shopping after work and get gussied up for tonight."
Anna smiled and looked up as Harry spoke again, "Then I'll see you tonight Miss Barnes." He gave her a quick wink and strode off again. Anna swooned slightly and watched him go, transfixed on how handsome he was. She sighed heavily and turned back to her work while sneakily looking over gift ideas on the internet to order to her mother's house.

Hours ticked by and soon enough it was the end of a working day, the offices were almost empty by the time Anna, Helen, Grace, and Willow had left to hit the high street and get some outfits for tonight's office party. On the way over in Willow's car, Grace kept talking excitedly about the past parties there had been and how much fun they were all going to have. Then somehow the subject quickly changed to the way Harry had winked at Anna. She blushed red as Helen nudged her playfully "I'm pretty sure Anna will be have plenty of fun tonight."
The girls giggled and Anna grinned, nudging Helen back, "Quit it." She laughed as Willow parked the car outside her favourite clothing store, "You guys are gonna love this place, they have every style ever made." She grinned. They got out of the car and walked to the store, arms linked together as if they had been close friends their inter lives. Anna smiled, she'd never had such wonderful friends as her three new ones, hopefully they were friends for life. She was pulled out of her thoughts when Grace held a short sliver glittery dress up to her and smiled, "Omg, that's totally you!" She grinned, putting the hanger on Anna's fingers, "Try it on." She said, looking around, "And maybe with some black lacy tights, Harry might be a lace kind of guy." She teased.
Anna laughed, "Would you guys stop with that already? He doesn't like me that way." She smiled as she walked into the changing rooms and sighed, but by now she wasn't sure if he really did have feelings for her or not. Anna shook her head and quickly changed out of her clothes, slipping the dress on. She walked out of the changing room and smiled down at her outfit, "I like it, I have a pair of black heels at home, that'll do it."
Willow nodded, "Never think Grace doesn't know anyone's style, she's picked out all of my outfits for parties, and they've been totally comfortable, attractive, and easy to move in, which gets a lot of hot guys." She grinned. Anna smiled and went back into the room to change back into her clothes before she re-exited the curtained area to join them as they discussed the place where they would get ready, and do their make up. Helen put her hand in the air, "Oh, I'll bring my make up kit and do everybody's make up for them, I'm pretty good at it."
"And we can go to my place if you like, it's not that far from the building, maybe ten minutes away." Anna offered. They nodded in agreement and continued rushing around the store, picking up items of clothing and thinking deeply if it would be good enough, mostly ending up asking Grace for her thoughts.

That evening, they were all sat in Anna's room, Helen doing Willow's eyeliner very carefully while Grace applied some lipstick to her own lips. Anna pulled on her left shoe and looked in the mirror, "Grace, you're brilliant." She grinned. Grace grinned at her friend, "It's what I do. Fashion is my element." She giggled. The others laughed softly and Helen tugged Anna's hand, "Come on. Your turn. I think some eyeliner, maybe some grey eyeshadow, a little lip gloss maybe?"
Anna nodded, "Yeah sure, just don't over do it, I like a natural but nice look."
Helen nodded, "Got it." She said, smiling and starting with the eyeliner.