Chapter 14

One month later...

Ever since the day Harry had found out about Trent being released from prison, he had been working none stop and packing his and Anna's bags to go into hiding until he could get out of the city. Noah had been keeping an eye out for Harry, updating him on any new movements from Trent and advised Harry to double security for Anna and his parents. Today was no different, Anna was sat at the breakfast bar in the kitchen worrying about Harry and glancing over to the ajar door leading to his home office where she could hear his voice talking to someone, possibly Noah, on the phone. He sounded livid, terrified and in-charge all at the same time. Anna got up from her seat slowly and carefully before carrying a mug of coffee to his door, knocking softly and peeking inside. Harry looked over his shoulder at her, nodding for her to come in. She stepped inside and placed the mug on his desk, kissing him on the cheek then turning to leave before he grabbed her wrist gently and pulled her back to him, sitting her on his lap. He smiled as he wrapped an arm around her, still listening intently to Noah on the other side of the line, "No problem with that, I'm leaving the apartment tonight with Anna to my house across Seattle. He doesn't know about that place."
"True, just make sure the paparazzi don't catch you going on your field trip. He'll find out for sure." Noah sighed stressfully, "Guess I just hoped he'd forgotten about the whole 'making us pay' thing."
"Me too man. Don't worry yourself too much, if he does make a move, I'll sock him in the face for you."
"Thanks for the offer but I'd rather do it myself, the son of a bitch killed my little sister." Noah growled. Harry nodded in understanding, "I know." He said softly. Noah took deep breath to calm himself down before finally breaking the tense silence, "Look, if you want I can go with you guys to your house and help out with protecting Anna and the kid. Army training does its wonders."
"Sounds like a plan. Meet us there tonight at 8:00 pm, if we're not there, there's a spare key down the left side of the house under a fake purple flowerbed."
"Got it. I'll see you there." Noah replied before the two hung up. Harry rested his head on Anna's, sighing heavily. She curled up closer, "Any news?"
"He's been asking around, getting leads and bribing people to keep a look out for us. And the usual, getting high and pissed." Harry said, not really wanting to talk about the Trent business. Anna nodded and remained quiet, jumping when she felt the baby kicking, "Ow."
"What? Is something wrong?" Harry asked worriedly.
Anna shook her head, "No, just that our baby has one hell of a kick."
Harry placed his hand over her stomach, grinning when he felt the small child moving around inside of her, "Wow."
"Feels weird huh?" Anna laughed at the look of bewilderment on his face.
Harry shook his head, "Yeah, I just... I just still can't believe it."
"Well you better start, because in a couple months, we're gonna be dealing with a screaming baby." Anna laughed, standing up back on her feet. Harry pouted as he let her go, "Why can't we find out the gender?"
"Because I want to be surprised. Don't you?"
Harry shook his head, "Not really. I wanna know really badly. What if we have a boy but we've already painted the baby's room pink?"
"We haven't even started on the baby's room yet." Anna laughed, walking to the door, "Don't forget that he or she has to stay in our room for a while before they can actually sleep alone."
"Still." Harry mumbled, looking at the floor like a sulking toddler. Anna smiled and walked back towards him, wrapping her arms around him and kissing his cheek again, "Just two more months and you'll know the gender, ok?"
Harry nodded, "Fine. For now we need to check that we have everything we need to go to the house with. Noah is going to meet us there for extra security and to also be kept in the loop of things."
Anna nodded as they exited the office and walked towards their room, "Ok. How many guards do you have exactly around the house?"
"7. Just in case. But including Noah would be 8." Harry replied, seeing the annoyed look on Anna's face, "I know it may seem like I'm going overboard with this. But they're protecting two people, you and our baby. This guy is dangerous Anna. Who knows how much he's improved after being in the slammer for years."
Anna sighed, "Ok fine. Just know I'm not happy about this."
"Neither am I. But I'm not taking any risks. Especially when you might get hurt." Harry reasoned, pulling her to a stop, "You understand that right?"
"Yes. I do." Anna sighed resting her head on his chest as he pulled her into a tight embrace.
"Good. So you're not mad?" He asked hopefully.
"No, I guess not. It's just precaution after all right?"
"Exactly." Harry smiled, kissing the top of her head before continuing to walk to their room with her behind him.

That night at exactly 8:00, Harry and Anna pulled up outside a grand two story house with light wood paned windows and cream coloured walls. A grey SUV pulled up along side them and a man in his early twenties with blonde hair, green eyes and tanned skin stepped out. Harry exited the car and greeted the man with a manly hug while Anna climbed out of the passenger seat to join them. Harry turned to her and wrapped an arm around her, "And of course this is Anna. Anna, this is Noah my best friend."
Anna smiled, "Nice to meet you." She said, shaking Noah's hand.
He smiled in return, "The pleasure is mine, not everyday I meet the person who manages to capture this guy's heart. It's a first for me. Well, anyone who knows him really."
Anna smirked at Harry form the corner of her eye and he shrugged, "What? I wasn't really looking to date until you walked into my office last winter." He winked at her before gesturing to the house, "Anyway, shall we?"
The two nodded, walking with him towards the house where 7 more security guards awaited them.