Chapter 17

It had been a whole month since the break in at Harry's apartment and everyone was on high alert. Every person that looked suspicious made Anna jumpy when she and Harry went out to go to check ups or shop for baby stuff. Harry was also on edge more than ever after that photo with Anna's face circled. The taunting note on the back would haunt him in his sleep along with images of what he might do if he ever got to her. And now with Anna's pregnancy coming to a close soon, he had even more to be afraid for. He lay awake as the sun rose outside and glanced over to the sleeping Anna beside him. He smiled softly and reached out to tuck a strand of hair away from her cheek only for her to twitch and open her eyes, raising an eyebrow at him, "What are you doing?"
Harry quickly searched her face for an sign of anger or other negative emotions, "Nothing." He shrugged, smiling lovingly at her. Anna sighed, her eyes softening, "Sorry for snapping."
"Hey, just one more month to go and these mood swings will all be over." He smiled, pulling her closer to him with her large baby bump between them. Anna rolled her eyes, "You're way to positive. What's going on?"
"What do you mean? Nothing's wrong." Harry rubbed the back of his neck nervously.
"Yes there is. What's going on? Don't make me ask again." She said with her eyes narrowed.
"Nothing. I'm just caught up in this whole Trent business and trying to find him. And with the baby coming soon, it just adds that little extra dash of anxiety to our recipe of disaster." He sighed, that was only half of what was worrying him, but there was no way he was going to tell her, whether he loved her or not. He felt her soft hands cup his cheeks gently and glanced at her to see her smiling, "You'll find him, he'll get put away and you'll be a great dad. Now stop worrying and help me up."
Harry grinned, relaxing slightly and climbed out of their bed, holding his hand out for Anna to take. She pulled herself up and groaned, rubbing her swollen abdomen, "You are one heavy kid." She sighed, walking slowly out of the room and very cautiously down the staircase. Harry kept close behind her, just in case and followed her to the kitchen where she raided the full cupboards. He lent against the doorframe and grinned, "Someone's hungry."
"Hey, I'm eating for two people here so shut up." She poked her tongue out at him. He smiled and walked to her, wrapping his arms around her shoulders, pressing her back to his chest, "I know." He murmured, kissing her shoulder softly.
"Ugh, get a room will ya?" Noah's voice mumbled from behind them.
Harry turned around to face him, "Anything?"
Noah shook his head sadly, "Sorry man, looks like he's gone dark. No trace of him or his goons anywhere."
Harry sighed and buried his face into the back of Anna's neck. She reached behind her and patted his head, "There there." She laughed then winced.
Harry looked down at her bump, "I felt that one. Someone's getting impatient." He chuckled before turning to help her make breakfast as the rest of the men came downstairs to join them.

Hours later, the entire security group was gathered up in Harry's office, surveilling a new lead on Trent's location. Harry glared at the photo they had pinned up on the board of the heartless man with pure hatred. Bennett's words flowed through one ear and out the other as he continued to pounder ways he could kill the asshole, even though he knew he couldn't actually kill him... Sadly. The pounding on the door snapped Harry out of his murderous thoughts and caught everyone's attention as Noah stumbled through the doorway, "We've got a problem!"
"Trent?" Malcolm asked jumping to his feet with the others. Anna's screaming cut through the tension in the office and they all turned to Harry as Noah smiled, "Someone's about to be a daddy."

A/N: i know, its short. Waaay shorter than my usual chapters but as i said before, I'm getting stuck in some places and trying to fix some things. Next chapter you guys get to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl! Yay. Well, see ya there!