Chapter 16

Harry stared around him in utter shock. What had once been his home was now reduced to a shattered, torn mess. The kitchen floor of was coated with the smashed remains of the cupboards, dishes and glasses. The living room was in no better shape. The white leather L shaped couch was torn and ripped with a few bullet holes here and there. The glass coffee table was no longer recognisable and the papers on it were ripped to shreds. Bennett appeared from the hallway, "Bedrooms and bathrooms are trashed as well. Sorry man." He said softly, patting Harry's shoulder softly. He shook his head, "This is why I moved Anna and I out of here."
"At least you did. Just think about that. Anna is safe and that guy still doesn't know where you are." Noah said, trying to make his friend feel a little better. Harry nodded, "I suppose. I'm going to check my office, see if he got into any of my files or if he hacked my computer."
The men nodded and he disappeared behind the dark wood door on the other side of the living room. The room was tipped upside down, literally. His desk was lying legs up, glass smashed, papers ripped, file cabinets pushed down onto their sides, dented badly. He relaxed slightly, 'At least he didn't get into those.' He thought his computer was smashed to pieces and small chips from it lay around the floor, at least he had most of his work back up on his tablet and a few hard-drives. What caught his eye the most though was a picture frame laying face down, broken and smashed. He knelt down carefully, glass crunching under his feet as he lifted it up careful not to scratch himself. He turned it over to see it was the picture of himself and Anna on Christmas night, the picture her mother had taken when they weren't looking. Anna was stretched across his lap on the sofa while he was tickling her. Her beautiful laughing face was circled with blood red marker, making Harry shake in anger when he noticed something written on the back of the photograph. He remove the precious image from the fame slowly and flipped it over in his shaking hands, reading the taunting note on the back, Come out, come out where ever you are. Harry growled deep in his throat and stormed out of the room, slamming the door open so forcefully that it smashed into the wall on the other side, denting it. The men in the room jumped and turned to face him. Noah frowned at the seething look his friend had on his face and approached Harry carefully, "Harry? What happened?"
Harry glared at him and held out the picture for them to see Anna circled, then flipped it to see the note, "He wants her." He growled, Malcolm and Ryan actually shrunk back slightly in fear. Noah took the photo from his hands and shook his head, "Ok, this is too far. We need to call the cops."
"I know, but what are they gonna do about it that we already aren't?" Harry asks, running his hands through his hair in distress. He was after her. He was after his Anna.

Back at the house, Anna was curled up on the couch next to her phone, pressing her knuckles to her lips with nervousness. They had been gone for 3 hours now. What if something happened to them? She shook her head fiercely, 'No. Don't think like that. They are more than capable of taking care of themselves.' She tried to reassure herself. It failed. She jumped to her feet, not being able to sit still any longer and paced back and forth. She felt the baby shift uncomfortably in her stomach and placed a hand over it, "Sorry." She whispered softly, knowing that she causing the baby stress. She sighed heavily and sat back on the couch, playing with her fingers to keep herself occupied.

Not long later, the front door clicked softly open and Harry entered along with his men behind him. The team went straight up to the office while Harry walked into the living room, the T.V was still on and so was the light. He peeked around the doorway to see Anna's body laying on the couch, a blanket tucked around her and a slight frown in her face. He smiled, the worry, adrenaline, and fuming anger pulsing through his veins calmed considerably when he saw her safe, her hands hugging her pregnant belly. Harry made his way towards her quietly and reached down to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. She flinched slightly and her eyelashes fluttered softly as he knelt down beside her, "Anna?" He cooed softly. She finally opened her captivating brown eyes and wrapped her arms around Harry's neck as soon as she saw him, taking him by surprise, "I was so worried about you! What happened!? Why didn't you call to tell me you were ok?!"
Harry lent back from her tight embrace and cupped her cheeks in his hands, "Shhh, calm down. It's ok." He said softly again, the frantic look in her eyes easing away slowly. He sighed and lent his forehead against hers, "They broke into our apartment. The whole place was trashed, even the bathrooms. It takes a long time to dig up evidence in that amount of mess you know, I know I should have called you but we lost track of time. You know how we are."
Anna rolled her eyes, smiling slightly at him, "Of course I do. Boys and their toys." She sighed. Harry smiled back. There was no way he was telling her about the photograph from his office. She was already due to give birth soon, he defiantly didn't want to push it. Anna sighed again and he stayed knelt beside her as she sat up, or struggled to, on the sofa. She groaned and glared down at her swollen belly, "I'm so joining a gym when this baby pops out. I could easily be mistaken for a whale."
Harry chuckled softly, earning a slight glare from her before quickly corrected himself, "You don't. You look beautiful. More and more everyday."
Anna rolled her eyes, "Oh please. Spare me from the cliché lines Colburn, I'm huge and you know it." She grumbled. Harry rolled his eyes as she stood up, folding her arms over her chest sulkily. He stood with her and kissed the top of her head, "Someone's cranky." He commented. Wrong move. Anna growled at him and exited the room, heading up the stairs to their bedroom. Harry watched in surprise. She literally growled at him. Like an animal would at something when it was angry or warning something. He had to admit, it was attractive and chilling at the same time, 'Note to self: try not to say the wrong things if you don't want her to possibly bite your head off.'  He thought before following her cautiously.