Chapter 13

6 months later... (Anna is 6 months pregnant)

Harry sank in his chair and rubbed his eyes, ever since he'd convinced Anna to stay off of work from now on, she had been quiet moody. Even if Helen, Grace and Willow had warned him about the mood swings, nothing could have prepared him for the actual thing. He was more than ready to get this child into the world as soon as possible. He was only safe in his home office. But the only problem for him now was, he really needed the bathroom. Harry gulped and slowly rose from his chair, tiptoeing to the door of his office, silently turning the handle. He opened the door slightly, peeking out and letting his eyes scope out the large living room and kitchen. The coast was clear. He breathed a sigh of relief and stepped out, closing and locking the door behind him. He couldn't risk her seeing the huge surprise he had been working on for months now. He raced stealthily to the bathroom to do his business (Blah blah blah XD) then exited. Harry yelped and jumped back, almost falling on his butt when Anna appeared before him, arms crossed over her chest resting them on her growing baby bump, and brown eyes glaring at him. He gulped again and waved, "Hi."
"You're avoiding me." She stated shortly.
"I just thought you wanted some you time. You know, relax and do whatever you do." Harry said nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. Anna's expression suddenly changed from angry to tearful, "It's because you don't love me anymore isn't it? I've gotten to fat and ugly for you." She sniffled, hanging her head. Harry hurriedly wrapped his arms around her, "What? No, no way. One, you are not fat, that's the baby growing inside of you. Two, you are the most beautiful woman I've ever met. And three, I love you more and more everyday." He reassured her, swaying her from side to side in his arms. Anna peeked up at him, "Really?" She sniffed, wiping her eyes.
Harry smiled and nodded, "Really." He said softly. Their moment was cut off by the sound of Harry's phone ringing in his pocket. He sighed and pulled it out, glancing at the caller ID on his screen to see his childhood friend, Noah Wells, calling him. He smiled and answered, "Hey, long time no see man, how are you?"
"Technically, still no see but I'll take it." Noah's voice chuckled before he turned serious, "But the how've I been part isn't good news for both of us."
"Why? What's going on?" Harry frowned, turning away slightly from a confused looking Anna. Harry could practically feel Noah pacing and pulling at his blonde hair, "It's him. He's back in town. And he's looking for you."
Harry's heart almost jumped out of his throat, "You don't mean..."
"I'm afraid so Harry. I found out through Wes when he was out with a couple buddies last night. Saw the asshole wondering around and he wasn't alone." Noah said, making Harry more anxious. What could he want now? Harry looked over to Anna and wrapped an arm around her, "Thanks for telling me."
"No problem. Just make sure you keep your family safe, as well as Anna and your kid. Hell knows that he knows about them." Noah warned.
"Like hell he's gonna get to them. I'll kill him before he gets the chance." Harry replied darkly, tightening his hold on Anna. When the two hung up, Anna stepped out of Harry's almost painful grip, "What's going on?"
"Nothing. Don't worry about it ok?" Harry said softly, trying to take hold of her hand but she pulled it back and crossed her arms stubbornly, "I will worry when I heard that your family, me and our child might be in danger. So tell me what the hell is going on."
"I can't tell you." Harry tired to reason with her, the last thing he wanted was an angry pregnant Anna to deal with, "If I could then I would, I don't want to freak you out."
"Harry Nicolai Colburn." Anna said in a low voice, like a parent scolding their child. Harry cringed slightly, he was in trouble. He sighed and nodded, "Alright fine. Come with me." He mumbled in defeat while Anna followed triumphantly behind him to his office. She waited while he quickly closed the file on his desk and hide it from sight then began rummaging through a cabinet of old looking files. He pulled one out and threw on his desk, "When I was in high school with my close friend Noah, we ran into a little trouble with a guy called Trent Samuels. He was the biggest dick in school and a total drug-up. He caused a lot of trouble for me and Noah, as well as others in our group of friends. None of us knew why exactly so we just ignored it. Then it just got to the point when we couldn't anymore. Noah's sister Ellie got involved with him and he ended up abusing her, treating her like a slave, yet she still stayed with the guy. When she didn't come home one night, Noah and I went out to look for her but all we found was her body dumped in an abandoned building."
Anna's hands flew to cover her mouth as she continued listening to Harry's story, "Of course we called the cops and got him arrested. He got put away for the rest of our high school lives and has been let out recently. But when they dragged him away, he swore to me and Noah that he would find us again and he would make us pay."
"And you think this guy is going to go after your parents?" Anna asked, letting him pull her around the desk to him. Harry nodded, "And maybe you but yes. Most probably not my parents as they don't live in the city but I'm not sure." He said quietly, looking up at her, "If I asked you to hide in a house I own on the other side of the city, would you?"
Anna rested her head on his shoulder, "If it kept you at ease, then yes."
"Good. I can't risk losing you, or our baby. Not now, not ever."
"You won't. Everything will be fine, you'll see." Anna said gently, trying to give him as much comfort as possible. But inside, she was terrified of this man that was out to get Harry and what he could be capable of.

A/N: and another chapter finished! Woo!!! So now a madman hellbent on revenge has entered the picture, what could this mean for Anna and Harry? Keep reading and find out! ^.^