Chapter 20

Harry rushed up the staircase and found Anna and Nate in their bedroom. Anna looked over her shoulder in confusion, "Are you ok?"
"No. No I am not. I'm far from ok." Harry growled in response, grabbing one suitcase and shoving things inside it. Anna placed her baby carefully in his crib and walked over to Harry resting her hands on his tense shoulders, "What happened? Did I do something?"
Harry sighed and turned to her, wrapping his arms around his fiancé's waist, "No baby you haven't done anything but make me happy. It's Trent."
Anna rested her cheek against his pounding heart, this was her chance to finally get Harry to tell her what was going on, "What did he do?" She asked softly.
"You have enough to worry about, my guys and I will handle it." He murmured against her hair. Anna pulled back from their embrace and glared at Harry. He looked at her in confusion and reached out for her again but she stepped back further, "Why won't you tell me?"
"Tell you what?" Harry asked, taking another step towards her. Anna crossed her arms over her chest and turned away from him slightly, "What is going on? You've been dodging the subject every time I've asked you. I don't like it when people hide things from me, and I always find out eventually anyway." She mumbled, staring down at the floor. Harry frowned, 'Who's hidden things from her before?' He shook the thought off for now and sighed, "I'm only not telling you because you were still pregnant with Nate at the time, and now he's here, you have enough to deal with. I just didn't want you to be stressed out."
"I'm already stressed out because I know you're hiding something!" Anna threw her hands up in exasperation. Harry groaned and sat down on the edge of the bed, cradling his head in his hands. Anna sighed and walked over to him, kneeling on her knees in front of him and pulled his hands from his face, "Please. If it involves you or our son, I need to know." She said softly.
"Alright. Come with me." Harry sighed in defeat, taking her hand in his and leading her down to his office. There was no way she was going to take this well. He begrudgingly opened the door and lead her over to his desk, opening the locked draw and handing her a file with everything they knew about Trent Samuels. Anna's heart raced as the fear crept up further inside of her clawing at the back of her throat. She saw the pictures of men walking out of a gun store. The threatening note at the back of her and Harry's photo taken on Christmas. And the note they had received just before Anna and Harry returned home, 'No escape now Colburn, better keep that kid and girl of yours under close watch...'
Anna fell back against the wall, gasping and cupping a hand over her mouth to muffle the sobs as she stared at the terrifying pictures and note from the man that was currently hunting them like wild animals, "No... Why? Why does he want our baby? Why is he threatening him?" She cried, nearly dropping to her knees as the fear finally took her over. Harry rushed to her and wrapped her protectively in his arms again, "This is why I didn't want you too know so much. I'm so sorry."
"I'm the one who wanted to know." She sniffled, wiping her eyes, "I just can't believe he would go to such lengths. What does he want with Nate? What will happen to you?"
"I couldn't care less about what happens to me. He's not going to get you unless he wants to be killed and he isn't laying a hand on our son, I can promise you that. But we have to get out of here before he finds us. Ok?"
Anna nodded looking back up at him, "Where are we going?"
"Somewhere far away from Seattle."

That night the men in the house were still awake, unable to sleep because of the rising threats. They had been unable to leave that day for the sake of Anna and Nate, who both needed rest before they could even go through anymore. Harry downed his 6th... 7th? 8th maybe, cup of coffee and ran his hands over his messed hair uneasily. It was almost midnight and his child and fiancé were sleeping soundly beside him. He stared down at Anna's sleeping figure and began running his fingers through her hair slowly, cursing himself over and over for dragging her deeper into the mess that was Trent Samuels. Maybe she would've been happier if they had never met. He did after all help turn her life upside down. She was called a whore by some of her fellow colleagues because he was selfish that night of the party and wanted her. He had then tipped her plans out of balance with an unexpected pregnancy because he was careless. Her mother was beyond pissed off when she found out and Anna was down for days because of it. Now to top it all, she's caught up in one of his old classmate's web of evil. Her life and their child's may be under threat because he couldn't find his self control around the woman before him. She would've been safe and happy if weren't for him. Harry sighed and closed his eyes, "I'm sorry." He whispered, his voice barely coming out at all. He quickly looked up when Nate stirred in his crib, a small cry escaping him. Harry leapt to his feet before Anna could wake up and scooped his son into his arms, shushing him softly, "Shhh, its ok, its ok come on now buddy. We don't want to wake Mommy up do we?" He said softly, tiptoeing out of the room to let Anna stay asleep. As soon as he closed the door, he cringed at the vile stench in the air. He sniffed again but quickly regretted it and pinched his nose together while looking down at Nate's red, crying face, 'Great. Thanks lil' guy. Give me first diaper change why don't ya?' He thought sarcastically, walking towards the bathroom to change him. 

30 minutes later, Harry finally walked out of the bathroom with a happy Nate in one arm and a pee stained T-shirt in the other hand. He frowned down at his son, "You did that on purpose." He mumbled, looking up when the door to the bedroom opened revealing Anna, rubbing her eyes with her hair sticking out at some places. Her tired eyes landed on them then down to the shirt in his hand. Anna pressed her lips together in a thin line to stop her giggles as she puffed out her cheeks. Harry blushed from embarrassment, "He did it on purpose. I swear he was laughing on the inside when he peed all over me."
The air in Anna's cheeks slowly escaped as her shoulders shook and she covered her mouth. Harry pouted and looked away, "It's not funny." Even though he couldn't help stealing glances at her laughing face and smiling himself. Anna clutched her ribs, "Yeah, it is. Didn't you keep him covered like I said before?"
Harry groaned and leaned his head further down, "Damn it. I forgot about that."
"Well you won't now. Especially when one shirt has already suffered." Anna laughed, taking their baby into her arms as he babbled happily, playing with the ends of her hair again. Harry smiled down at the two of them, almost forgetting about his earlier thoughts when he saw her smile. She looked up at him, frowning slightly, "What's wrong?"
"Nothing. Just tired." He sighed, hoping she wouldn't dig deeper. But this was his Anna after all. She raised an eyebrow and tilted her head to make eye contact with him, "Your face says one thing and your eyes say another, did Trent do something again?" She asked, worry shaking her voice and she held Nate closer to her.
Harry shook his head, "No, no we haven't heard anything yet. I was just thinking is all. Don't worry about it ok? Everything will be fine. I won't let anything happen to you." He wrapped his arms around her and their son, pulling the two of them close and holding them like pieces of glass, "I swear on my life."
Anna sighed softly and rested her head on his chest, listening to his heart beat as Nate stared up at the two of them with big blue eyes.

A/N: and so another chapter was born. Sorry for the delay, got a lot of s**t going on and I haven't really had time to plan further and concentrate. I should be getting into a rhythm soon though... Hopefully. If I can actually find one. But I will try harder to update, don't wanna be one of those writers that doesn't update for months on end. I will see you soon, and once again thank you! Hope you guys are doing well