𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧. years later

"Mama, mama!" A four-year old kid tugged his mother's dress. The kid was so eager to show his mother something but the woman was busy transacting with the cashier.

"Hold on a second, Haru" she said not looking at the child but still holding his hand.

"But Mama!" the kid kept on trying to pull her, yet she was preoccupied.

"Papa! That's Papa!" the moment the kid said that, she immediately looked at her son with furrowed eyebrows.

"Haru, what did you just say?" she asked. 

"Here's your change ma'am!" The cashier said and Y/N thanked her.

"Mamaaa! Come on!" 

"Haru, don't shout" she said. "Come on let's go home"

"But I really saw Papa!" the kid said. 

"Haru, I already told you about your father, right?" she said and crouched down to his level and smiled. "He's no longer with us, I know you want to meet him, but...it is only through pictures that you could see him. Come on, let's go home" she said and gently took his hand.

The kid only pouted, he was so sure he saw the man in the pictures earlier, but his mother won't believe him.

"Welcome back, Y/N! Haru my precious grandson" 

When they got home, the kid named Haru was quiet and only talked to his grandparents, it's as if he was ignoring his mother which made Y/N confused, so when it was time to go to bed, she asked.

"Haru, are you okay?" she asked and the kid just pouted.

"I wanna see Papa's pictures again" he said. 

Y/N felt like the decision to tell her son everything about his father was suddenly a wrong move. But what can she do when the child was so eager and it was his birthday wish? To know and see his father? 

And she had also thought that maybe it's best to tell him honestly as early as this age so he wouldn't be remorseful against her when he grows up because she didn't tell him the truth. 

But every time she shows him their pictures together, she still cannot help but feel really sad. 

After all those years, she was left hanging of the thought that 'what if Satoru is still alive?' Because until now he has still not been found.  He just disappeared without any trace.

But she eventually tried conditioning herself that he is gone and will no longer return so she wouldn't get her hopes up anymore. She's in the process of accepting that he's gone, but every time she sees their pictures, she still feels heartbroken.

"Haru..." she cupped his cheek. 

"Mama, please?" but she could never refuse his son every time.

"Alright, wait here" she said as she stood up and went to open her cabinet, Haru never liked sleeping alone, so he always sleeps by his mother's side. Y/N then picked up a photo album.

It was their wedding album. 

Y/N still feels heavy every time she takes it out, even after all these years, she vividly remembers everything. From the day they first met until their last moments together.

Y/N's heart broke again upon seeing the excited look on her son. 'Why does he still have that expression in his face when he knows the truth already?'

She gulped before sitting on the bed and opened the album. Her son's eyes looked really happy. 

'The way his eyes sparkle looks exactly like his...'