𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮. celebration

Haru loved being around his parents.

Although he enjoys school and playing with his friends, he still loved snuggling into his mother's arms especially at bed time. He did have those times where he ignored her, but that was because he is still a child and it's normal for him to have those feelings.

Haru remembered how he celebrated his last year's birthday, it was fun having only his mother and grandparents. He had a simple celebration at home and he was happy when he received the toys that he wanted to have.

Back then, he still didn't mind that he didn't have his father beside him. To him, the world was perfect having his mother around. But when he started going to school, he often wondered why his classmates have fathers and picks them up at school every time. He only ever hand his Grandpa or Mama pick him up at school, but never his Papa.

So one day he asked his mother about it, and the look in her eyes was mixed with surprise and pain. However she just smiled him and tried making him understand.

He nodded his head as his mother explains to him, although he never really fully understood why.

For a kid like him, the world of adults are really complicated, like a puzzle to be solved and understood.

So when he saw the man in his mother's pictures, which she introduced as his father, for the first time he actually got really excited.

'Mama must just be mistaken that Papa is gone!' He thought.

And things happened.

But he was so glad to have both of his mother and father by his side now.

"Haru..." the kid yawned and slowly opened his eyes and saw his mother smiling at him.

"Wake up, baby, it's your day today" she said and gave him a forehead kiss.

"Happy Birthday, Haru" she greeted.

Haru's eyes widened and suddenly, he didn't feel sleepy anymore.

"It's my birthday!" He says enthusiastically.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!" Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday Haru!"

"Papa!" He exclaimed at the man who burst out singing first thing in the morning, and ran towards him. Gojo chuckled as he carried the little boy in his arms.

"Happy birthday little man" he said and ruffled his hair.

"I grew up!" He said.

"You did" Gojo replied.

Y/N only watched them while smiling. This is going to be the first time she will celebrate her son's birthday with him.

She was about to walk out of the room to prepare in the kitchen when Haru ran to her.

"Mama, can we have pancakes for breakfast? Please?" He pouted and pleaded.

Y/N chuckled. "Anything you want, Haru" she said.

"Yay!" He exclaimed and ran towards his father again.

"Papa, carry me!" He said and Gojo never hesitated to carry him in just a blink.

"I'll be in the kitchen" Y/N said as she closed the door.

Gojo looked at his son. "Haru" he mentioned. "Are you sure you just want to have a picnic for your birthday?"

Haru tilted his head. "Why are you all asking the same question, Papa? First it was Mama, and even grandpa and grandma" he said.

"Because it's your birthday" he said. "And also, I'm so glad I'll be able to celebrate it with you for the first time" he said.