𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣. lullaby

"What did you say?" Y/N asked as her heart beats fast.

"I...remembered what happened in the war" he said. "It was...dreadful, the soldiers, both enemies and ours...the explosions, the bullets. When I stood face to face with the man called Sukuna, when we fought... the women, the children..."

"Satoru" Y/N gently cupped his face and brushed his bangs. "You don't have to recall it" she said. "You don't have to think of it"

But Gojo shook his head slowly and took her hands and fiddled with it. "I remembered how it felt, I thought I was really going to die, however there was something in me that kept me alive, it's vague, but I think I made a promise to someone, maybe that's how I was able to win it and survive" he said. "I think it was you whom I made a promise to"

Y/N kept quiet for a while.

'When he says it like that, does it mean that...'

"Satoru, I don't know if I should ask this question but..."

Gojo looked at her. "What is it?"

"Prior to that...did you remember..." she hesitates but Gojo knows what she's trying to say.

"Sorry Y/N" he said as he looked away. "I only remembered the events during the war, in the battlefield" he let out a frustrated sigh. "Sorry I couldn't remember anything prior to that, I'm sorry I cannot remember you"

Y/N gulped. "I-it's fine, you don't have to push yourself" she said.

"I'm really sorry Y/N"

"No, you shouldn't be." she says. "How are you feeling now?" she asked.

"I'm okay now, thanks to you" he said. "But I feel so tired"

Y/N contemplated for a while before speaking. "Stay the night" she said which surprised him.

"Stay here tonight, Satoru" she said. "Nanami is not going home today, right? It's difficult for you to be alone" she added.

Gojo looked at her directly in the eyes, she was nothing but being concerned, understanding and patient with him that it made him frustrated he let out a deep sigh.

"Are you not feeling well?" Y/N asked and was about to check his temperature using her hand but Gojo suddenly leaned his head on her shoulder and he took deep breaths.

"Satoru?"

"I'm sorry" he said. "I'm really trying my best" his voice was low and it really made Y/N worry.

"Satoru, you don't have to force yourself, you don't even have to remember the past"

"No" he said sternly then tilted his head so he could see her face. "I want to know everything about us"

Y/N sighed as she unconsciously pat his head. "But you don't have to remember it in an instant"

"Why are you like that?" he questioned which made Y/N's eyebrows furrow.

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you so patient? Why aren't you angry or frustrated with me?"

Y/N was caught off-guard with his questions.

"Satoru, you're really asking me that now?"

"Yes" he said and sat up straight. "Because I feel like I don't deserve this, I don't deserve your understanding"

"Why on earth would you feel like that? Satoru, when I decided to marry you, I made a vow" she said. "And that vow is not just mere words" she continued. "I made it because I love you"