𝙨𝙞𝙭. sensei

While it makes Y/N glad when her son tells her he made friends at school, this new person he's been hanging out kind of makes her wary.

For the past week, Haru kept on coming home with various sweets which made Y/N already curious on who is this teacher friend her son always talks about to her.

"Sensei gave me mochis today, Mama!" Haru lifted the box of mochis to her when he arrived.

"Is this sensei you're pertaining to, still that teacher you recently made friends with, and not your homeroom teacher?" Y/N asked as she inspected the mochis.

'These are quality mochis'

"Yeah! He's really cool! We both love sweets!"

Y/N hummed as she placed the mochis on the kitchen counter.

"Eat these in moderation, okay?" She said and Haru just nodded.

"Haru" she called.

"Yes Mama?"

"The parent-teacher homeroom meeting is coming soon, and I will be the one attending it this time" she started. "This teacher friend of yours, may I meet him?" She asked.

"Huh? Why Mama?" The boy was quite hesitating, he clearly remembers how his mother told him not to call the person that looks like his father, 'Papa'. And this new friend of his looked like the person he saw in the pictures that his mother showed to him. But he was keeping that fact a secret from Y/N because he's afraid that she won't believe him again.

Y/N ruffled his hair. "Because I wanna thank him for taking care of you" she smiled.

'But I'm actually worried, why would a teacher befriend a kid that's not his student? What if he kidnaps him or something' she just wants her son to be safe and sound, and she would do everything to protect him.

'Haru's the only remainder of him to me'

"Uhm...but Mama, I don't know"

"What do you mean, you don't know?"

"I mean, sensei might be busy that time too?"

He had a point. But Y/N still wants to.

"Even just a few minutes of introduction won't hurt" Y/N said. "So when he's around, introduce him to me, okay?"

Haru thought for a second. "Okay!"

Y/N smiled and kissed him on his forehead. "Alright, rest for a while before taking a shower, okay?"

"Yes Mama!"

━━━━━━━━━━━

"Y/N, you're leaving already?" Y/N's colleague asked as she saw her fixing her things.

"Yeah, I already asked permission yesterday, I'm going to attend my son's homeroom meeting" she responded.

"Ehh, you won't stay and meet our new colleague? They said he's handsome!"

Y/N tried her best not to give her a judgmental stare but she failed to do so.

"Hey why are you looking at me like that?" she pouted.

"I am married, no thanks" she responded.

"But you're husband's already gone, right?" It was at that moment, her colleague felt shivers at the way Y/N blankly stared at her.

"He only went missing." she said. "And even if he's dead, that doesn't mean I am going to look for another man. No thanks"

Her colleague just shook her head. "You're no fun"