𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚. festival

Y/N found herself dressing up for another date once again. This time, she will be bringing Haru along and will be attending a festival hence, she will be wearing a kimono.

"My grandson looks so handsome!" Y/N's mother cooed.

Y/N was kind of struggling to adjust her kimono, her mother saw her and helped.

"There" she said.

"Thanks Ma" Y/N looked at the mirror once again, but her mother cupped her cheeks. "I'm so happy for you, Y/N" she suddenly said which made Y/N smile and shake her head.

"You're always saying that" she said.

"It's because you're my daughter"

"Sky blue kimono looks good on you, Y/N" her father said after checking if they are already done. "He's here" he added.

Y/N suddenly snapped to look at his father's direction. "He's downstairs" he scoffed.

Hearing that made Haru run outside.

"Haru! Don't run!" Y/N exclaimed, she sighed and followed him out and carefully descended the stairs.

Gojo looked up and saw Haru running towards him.

"Papa!" he exclaimed and raised both of his hands up. Gojo smiled and picked him up, but when he turned his body, he saw Y/N descending the stairs.

"Papa, your kimono looks so nice!" Haru says but his focus was on his wife.

When Y/N went to them, she furrowed her eyebrows and felt conscious. "Is there some dirt on me or something?" she asked as Gojo was just staring at her.

He felt like this has already happened before.

"Nothing" he said and smiled. "You look beautiful, as always"

Y/N was still not used to getting compliments so she tried to dodge the topic away, but she can feel the heat rising in her cheeks.

"You look handsome too..." she cleared her throat. "Haru! Don't ruin your father's kimono" she scolded as the kid was pulling Gojo's collar.

Gojo just chuckled and gently took Haru's hands away. "It's okay" he said. "It's going to be ruined at some point anyway"

"My most handsome son, Satoru! Enjoy your date" Y/N's mother smiled.

"Return her before—"

"Kenjiro, they are married" her mother said in a stern tone.

"Oh, right"

Y/N facepalmed at her parents. 'Why are they being like this'

But she clearly remembered how they had their days-off from the military, and there was also a festival when Gojo asked permission to her father if he can take Y/N out on a date.

'Why does it feel like it was just yesterday' Y/N thought.

"Alright we'll go now" Y/N said.

"Have fun!"

"Bye grandma! Grandpa!"

Y/N pushed Gojo towards the door before they could say something else.

━━━━━━━━━━━

Y/N thought their family date would be on family day in Haru's school, however Gojo suddenly just pitched the idea to her to attend the festival and she gladly agreed.

The festival was full of people and Haru got excited with all the food and toys in various stalls as he drags his mother and father around. Y/N made sure not to let go of the kid or else he will get lost.