Chapter 13: the way I feel

Y/n pov

Cyno dropped me and Candace off at aru village

" cyno just tired. The desert is 165° today let him cool off." Candace said.

He's right though, if it wasn't for me, you would've never been injured, and he would've never had a huge slash on his back .

Now when he go get patched up by collie she's gonna ask what happened and he's gonna explain the whole thing and I'm just gonna be useless all over again like I hate this. Why don't I have a vision? I do everything in the pretext of getting one but I still don't have one everyone in my family has one it's a generational thing but I don't have one. I'm a failure to my family and I'm useless to all of my friends don't you understand how that makes me feel Candace I feel pathetic.

Tears started to fall from my eyes. I fell to the ground and started crying.
Now look, I'm crying this is even more pathetic. I shouldn't be yearning for a vision, but I do is that wrong for me to yearn for something that should belong to me is it wrong to think that it belongs to me?

Everything about this I hate it. I try so hard not to feel this way while in Fontaine. I kept seeing people use their vision and all the emotions started to the ball up. I hate myself for feeling this way I even pushed my feelings on my friends in Fontaine I kept being overbearing kept over apologizing that must've been annoying for Navia. And for everybody else.

My heart became heavy I started to feel guilty. feeling of depression, wrapped around my body and encased me in sadness.

Candace came over by me to try to calm me down, but I pushed her off of me and I looked at her and I got up and ran away.
Everything is falling apart. How am I supposed to get a vision if I can't even control my life .

I wish that there was a vision for the way that I'm feeling right now but who knows .
I ran to the hotel room when I got in my room. I walked to the corner of the room and slid down that wall. I balled up and put my head in between my legs and started to cry.

I wish I can stop feeling like this .

————————- five hours later——————-

I woke up to the sound of explosions. I got off the floor and looked out the window. Treasure hoarders was causing the scene.
But I don't have a vision. How am I supposed to protect these people? I don't even know how to fight.

I saw Candace running from her uncles house, and she had her spear and her shield. I seen the waves of blue splashing around like water on the enemies.
I wonder where Candace learned how to fight I envy her she's strong, and even has a better attitude than I did yesterday, every day she somehow finds the courage to get up and fight.
I bet she's not even scared that she might lose since she always win.

I started chuckling

I let out a huge sigh of relief  At least the village is safe with her around.
I started to move away from the window as I was walking away. I heard Candace scream.
I looked back to see what happened. She was stabbed through the chest.

My heart started to feel extra heavy a wave of guilt. I was just talking about how envy I was of her and look at this.
I started to feel like I was going to hyperventilate I backed away from my window, and I ran out the door down the stairs out the front door. I tried to run as fast as I can to reach her.

When I get there Candace was down I ran over to stop the bleeding.

"Candace, I'm so sorry " I said while crying

" I am right here" Candace said

" I know you're right here. I'm here too. Please don't die."

" I will always seek to protect the things that are most important no matter what it takes... even when it looks futile"

" you could always walk away Candace you don't have to protect everyone"

" when I received my vision, people in the village kept telling me it was a blessing from ahmar but that doesn't matter to me. I swear to protect the village, and I will do it with or out of vision."

What!

" you don't need a vision to be a hero, nor do you need a vision to be strong being who you are is enough"

I looked at her and I started to cry. She's right, I mean I knew, but I was so hungry for a vision that it blinded me.

I ripped my shirt up and wrapped it around Candace stomach .

" Candace I'm going to take your spear for a minute don't be mad"

I picked up her and ran at the treasure hoarders I jumped in the air and threw the spear down at one of them. It pierced through their chest, onto the other treasure, hoarder, making a kebab.

I forcefully took the spear out of there chest

" Watch out"! Candice yelled

I turned around the treasure hoarder was so close. There's no way I could dodge.

"Ugh"

I open my eyes to see the treasure hoarder on the ground it was dehya.

" your recent feats have been doing the rounds you know, in my bridge alone a lot of people have been talking about the things you have achieved. I've even had several people asked me if I can introduce
Them to you " dehya said

" uh really" Candace said while laughing

Dehya yelled at the eremites so they can patch up Candace.

" good job at holding them off now it's my turn to show them" dehya said

Let's get it on, buckle up, look alive, gloves off,  your dead meat, you asked for it.
All the treasure hoarders was down  and there was fire everywhere. Sometimes she knows how to hold back, but I'm glad she didn't this time. They deserved every bit.

One of dehya teammates walked over to her and whisper, something in her ear.

Dehya walked over to me

" listen there's more treasure orders coming. I'm gonna go handle them take care of Candace."

I will , just then dehya ran off by herself. I wasn't worried for her, but I prayed for her safety.

" don't worry she'll be OK they treasure hoarders they're weak, literally the lowest of the low" one of the eremites said

I looked in the distance and saw a lion in the sky. Yeah, she'll be OK. Let me pray for the treasure hoarders.