Chapter 15: bursting bubbles

Navia pov

Everything is ready now all I have to do is call her, omg I'm so excited.

" ma'am Wriothesley is not here"

What do you mean I even sent messages to the prison and everything and he still not here.

Just then I heard the doorbell ring, well it's too late now we can't physically go there. It's too far.
Unlock the door, everyone hide.

" navia I'm here...........navia"

SURPRISE! Everyone said

Welcome home y/n

" oh thanks navia you didn't have to"

I wanted to I felt terrible for you leaving I thought it was my fault. I kept pushing enforcing you to hang out with me and I don't wanna be a burden to you.

" oh no.....you wasn't don't ever say that you was so nice and kind to me and I just left. Didn't even tell you where I was going. I'm sorry." Y/n

I walked over and hugged her y/n I missed you and I'm also so Wriothesley hasn't showed up yet.

I literally sent invitations to the prison. I even tried to find his house come to find out he doesn't have a house.

" navia it's ok he's probably busy with papers or controlling prisoners"

Y/n your really opened minded if I ever see Wriothesley I'll show him what it's means to disappear.

" whoa now talking about murder are we Navia" Neuvillette said

Don't even get me started with you, you knew that trial was nothing but a show I thought you stopped doing those a long time ago.

The room went silent

" ok now Neuvillette tell everybody about your water" y/n said

Let me not pick a fight with this man. Today is her welcome home party just breath in and breathe out. Don't even look at your umbrella. Don't even walk towards your umbrella. Just listen to him talk about water.

" well since you mentioned it these waters are from the four nations of Teyvet honestly honestly, my favorite kind of water is the one from inazuma"

Neuvillette just kept going on and on about his stupid mineral water. I can't believe this man.

Just then one of my members walked up to me
" boss I think you might want to see this"

I turned my head to the door to see this nobody of a man show up Wriothesley.

I turned my head to look at y/n she was smiling and laughing. If he walked in here, he would've ruined the whole mood. I need to go handle this.

" what!" I yelled

" I got the invitation" Wriothesley said all nonchalant

" do you know how long I've been trying to contact you and now you wanna show up like you some type of hero or savior"

" I know I have been gone, but I need some time to myself sum time to think" Wriothesley as he was brushing his hands through his hair

I just rolled my eyes

" hey it's wriothesley" I heard someone say

I turned my head to look at y/n she look like she seen a ghost like her heart dropped down what in the world is going on.

Y/n walked up to him
" are you sure" I asked y/n

She nodded and kept walking I turned my head back at the partygoers.

" let's go to the kitchen. I made my butlers get a huge cake let's cut it."
As everyone was leaving the living room, I turned my head back to look at her and Wriothesley and Neuvillette.

" y/n I'll be in the next room if you need me"
She looked at me and smiled.

After that I left

Y/n pov

Hi Wriothesley long time no see how's life treating you

He didn't say anything just complete silence

I felt totally awkward. I don't even know what to say I mean I know he like me but I just don't understand.

" I'm sorry I left without telling anybody"
He chuckled

" without telling anybody......right"

What why are you sounding like that was wrong

" you said I'm sorry for leaving without telling anybody Neuvillette knew"

He only knows because he runs the city. He got ears and eyes everywhere.

He didn't say anything

Listen, I can get up and leave anytime I want you don't control me. I told my job I was leaving. I didn't have to tell you who are you to me after I said that I covered my mouth.

" who am I to you? That's funny I don't even know myself." Wriothesley said

No.....Wriothesley that's not what I meant. I didn't mean it like that at all I was just rambling."

" rambling are true thoughts" Wriothesley said

I don't even know what to say Neuvillette is standing behind me Wriothesley looks very disappointed.

I'm just gonna do me

Listen Wriothesley I like Neuvillette and I want to be with him.

When I said that Wriothesley eyes looks so hurt

Wriothesley pov

I LIKE NEUVILLETTE

When she said that my heart shattered into 1 million pieces I felt like one of my heartstrings broke.

I don't even know what to say at all my brain went into complete silence.
The way I longed for you when you left me I wanted to see you feel you smell your hair, but I come back to this. I even had a dream about us with a house and a white picket fence with a dog in the front yard. I seen us.

But she said she loves him. Did she even love me or was she just being flirty for what I need to go I can't be in this house with her and him. I can't be nowhere near them.

I turned around and walked out the house. I heard her call for me, but why is she calling for me? If she already likes somebody else? Why does your voice sound sad
I stopped and turned around to look at her, her eyes everything about her look like she was truly sad I even saw a tear roll down her pretty face. I guess she did love me, but was I being too difficult?