chapter 24: fade to white

Neuvillette pov

We made it to the restaurant I pulled the chair back for her. She walked over to the seat and sat down. I walked back over to my seat and sat down across from her. Honestly, I was a bit lost for words she's very gullible he would never come to eat here. But anything for her I guess.

I don't know probably because I haven't seen her in two weeks but she just looks so amazingly beautiful. Did she change her hair? Did she wear make up today? Did she change the dress? Everything about her is perfect even her eyes that I love so much.

Every time I think about what happened two weeks ago my heart breaks into 1 million pieces I would've never thought she would've left me over something like that like I don't care what he said or what he's trying to do all I know is you belong to me I have to keep you all to myself Like I don't know what this feeling is, it may be obsession or possession, but all I know is I want you and I want us to be back together again whatever it takes I am the judge and a primordial dragon I could literally take us far away from this place and we could live together on a hill with a house in the picket fence with a dog in the front yard I will do anything for us anything for you only you can hear everything that I'm saying right now you probably would come back to me but for now I'm going to do whatever she says and take it slow unless just be friends tonight I'm gonna show her a different side of me something she has never seen before my charming, yet etiquette yet Puppy dragon side of me.

Y/n pov

I started to look around for him to see if he's here but I don't see him anywhere. I turned back around at. Neuvillette to see if he's looking around but it looks like he is in La La Land. He's staring at me like a lot.

" Neuvillette are you OK? Your eyes are piercing through my soul a little bit."

" oh I'm sorry I wasn't looking directly at you. I have this thing where I can feel if he's close by it's a dragon thing." Neuvillette said

" sure"

I kept looking around, but I didn't see him. I should get up and ask the waiter if Wriothesley supposed to be here.

" Neuvillette I'm going to go ask the waiter if he's coming"

When I said that Nate grab my wrist and told me to sit down, he's really being assertive today, but I sat back down. I mean, if he's gonna go do it then I might as well let him do it and be the man I guess.

Neuvillette pov

She's really headset on us being best friends again this is just squabble between boys there's no need for her to be in between this I know we shouldn't be fighting over the same girl...... ( Neuvillette took a deep breath) wait a minute I'm not even fighting over the same girl she already chose me she wants me when has she ever said she wanted him ........ let me come down.

She's already watching me walk towards the waiter so let me just go by him and pretend like I'm asking for that man
" sir Neuvillette " shhhhhh don't please don't talk too loudly I want you to go over there to table number five and give that sweet beautiful lady false information about Wriothesley.

" I don't know what you want me to say" the waiter said

Just tell her he's not coming today and he will never come or just say sorry ma'am, but he did arrange to come here today, but he suddenly has something come up

The minute said that somebody walked into the restaurant and of course it's the man I want to see, but he has clorinde on his arm so him and her all together. This could get interesting. She could finally let him go after seeing this as he was walking in. I bypassed him to make sure he seen me walking back to my table with my lady waiting for me.

" y/n it seems he came today" she turned her pretty little head around to look when she seen them together. I thought she was going to smile and be happy for him but her face her entire body movement everything changed she look like she got hit by a bus what is going on so she do have feelings for him or is it because ......I don't understand what's going on why does she look like that? I know she likes me I can do it, but the sudden changes on her face says otherwise.

Y/n pov

Who in the world is that girl on his arm? I thought I knew everybody in this town but I guess I didn't whoever she is. They look very friendly together. I should be happy for him, but this feeling in my chest hurts I mean I shouldn't be feeling like this anyways because I told him let's be friends , I don't understand what's going on with my emotions at all whoever this girl is I hope he makes her happy that's what I should be saying, but I am feeling envious of this newfound girl wherever she came from

I get up out of my seat and walked over to him , I see you found somebody new how long Y'all knew each other.

They both looked at each other and started laughing " Oh no, she's my friend. I known her for a very long time. The only reason why me and her are here is because I lost a bet."
Suddenly, I felt like a dummy. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions.

" I never knew you had a childhood best friend"

" I mean, of course you didn't you never asked me, nor did you care" Wriothesley said

His words cut hard I'm literally bleeding

" I shouldn't have to ask " I mumbled

" well it seems like you and the judge have to get back to whatever so goodbye for now" Wriothesley said

When he said that, my eyes scratched up I turned around to see him. He looked very shock. He must think I'm some kind of. I don't even want to say the word he see my face expressions he seen everything I can't hide my feelings from him. he knows me we literally lived in the same apartment together for two months before we ended everything he watches my every movement he knows me.

I'm scared to ask him is he OK or anything? I like both I can't choose one. That's why I broke everything off so it shouldn't be no hard feelings know anything I just came here to make sure him and Wriothesley are both on good terms now I am just spiraling I feel so guilty now he sees I like him too because at first he didn't see that I like him. He just heard words that I like him but like I said it shouldn't be any hard feelings no nothing I already told him let's be friends(y/n was taking deep breaths)

Neuvillette pov

Well, now I know it's not a lie because I see it in person. It hurts me to say this, but being friends might be the right thing to do. I need some time to think I really shouldn't be feeling this way at all. He already told me that she likes him and me at the same time, but now that I see it in person it Hurts I feel like I have to throw up and I have a headache. I need to go home.

I walked past her and walked out the restaurant I turned around to say one last thing " you're right for right now let's just be friends nothing more nothing less I will see you tomorrow" after I said that I walked out