47

"You still should've told me." I take a step back, trying to process what on earth is going on at the other side.

Then I press an ear on the door.

There's light sounds of water running from a tap and someone walking. With heels. So, it's two people in there. Of course. And the only voice I've heard so far is a male, what's a guy doing in our toilet?

"Tell me one reason I should've."

"The fuck, Pamela, it was my child."  Pamela.

An almost comical laugh comes out of her mouth, "your child? More like foetus please."

"What's your point?"

"No, what's your point? What exactly have you come in here to fight for, Leonardo? Something that's been done with a long time ago?"

"First of all, it was such a risk—"

"And so what? I'm not complaining—"

"Yet I had every right to know—"

"So you could what?" Pamela cries, her voice almost cracking, the way it always does when she's frustrated, "start a family with me? You keep going on and on about how it was your child—"

"Because it was!"

"Then what?!"

Silence immediately ensues. And it's either because they're both so tired out they're taking a breather, or they've discovered me. If either of them take time to check their surroundings, they can literally see my shoes peeping from underneath the door. And I mean literally.

But I'm sitting with Tyler and his friends, most from senior class and I really wanted to see what I look like right now to fix whatever might be wrong with my face if there's any. That's what I came here for in the first place. And I must do that before leaving. I also want to pee.

"Look Leo, I don't understand why you're hurt, or why you care. It is my body—"

"When you say that, I know you don't get it."

"I don't get what? Father of the year please enlighten me. That it was your child. Oh for fucks sake, Leo, you've clearly forgotten who's boyfriend you are and who's friend I am. You and I could never be together, Steph and I are friends."

"But you weren't saying this that night."

I wonder what Pamela would've said in response.

I can only wonder because just then, the most unfortunate thing happens. My pen falls from hand and rolls right under the door to the other side.

Oh no. 

No no no no no.

What do I do? Should I run away?  I should. I should run away.

They must know now that someone's here. There's no way they don't, it's why they're not talking anymore. They probably have their jaws dropped, waiting. Waiting for whoever because they don't know it's me. That's one thing. If I leave right now they won't ever know who it was but...

But I need my pen.

Dang it.

"Um, hey." Lame. Very lame. What's worse is I even add a shaky wave as I step through the door.

None of this matters anyway because Pamela... Pamela looks like she's seen a ghost. Since it's clear as day that I must've herd a good part of their conversation.

As for Leo, he's pissed, but not at me. Or the fact that someone just walked in, he's still all about their discussion and seems to want nothing else than to continue it.