8

I ran into Tyler this morning.

Although it was more like a deliberate walk down a path I've taken over a hundred times. And yes, I also knew there was a high percent chance that he would be there, so I guess I didn't exactly run into him. If I did, it was on purpose. Slightly on purpose. Yet that didn't stop the  jolting of electricity throughout my body when I saw him far away near the ocean. I think my heart did a 360.

After minutes of calming myself down, I shoved my hands deep into the pockets of my dark hoodie and walked up to the ocean shore like nothing ever happened.

Walked up to him. Well, next to him, not too near but we were at least on the same line.

He looked so deep in thought that I was certain he'd never notice my arrival - and he didn't, not until a long while. Yet, the truth is, when he did notice me, we had the most 'normal' conversation I ever thought we could have. Yes of course, I can't remember what we talked about 'cause my mind was busy on cloud nine throughout the whole dialogue. The only part I recall is when he spoke about coming there at night. On a daily. And I had to ask him to clarify because I've been going there my whole life, yet never had I thought of going at night.

"Yeah,"

"Why?"

"Why not?" He asked back. Then he did that thing where he looks hot for no reason while I just stood there in admiration before realizing we were in the middle of a conversation.

"Wait, you come here? At night?"

"I do." He responded a bit cautiously, looking behind me instead and for a moment, I thought there might've been someone behind. Perhaps, even a monster. But neither human nor monster showed up throughout our stay there so I'm guessing he just felt like avoiding my eyes at the time.

"You know it's not exactly safe to come here at night, right?"

"Neither is it in the day." He quirked a full brow. "At least that's what you said."

My head did an involuntary slow nod, as I begun finding my reflection in the water less intimidating than our conversation. And I thought that'd be it. That we'd go back to being quiet till one of us leaves and then the other later on. But he spoke.

"I mean it, though." His voice came out rushed and somewhat apologetic? Was he really feeling bad that I got quiet and recoiled? "It really is more breath-taking at night."

I found myself smiling a little at his small gesture of wanting the conversation to continue. Plus, he looked cute - which is different. He usually looks hot, gorgeous or just anything except cute. Yet there he was with his usual cold demeanor replaced with the look of a twelve year old hoping he can get his PS back. The thought made me smile even wider, giving him reason to continue.

"Flowers, more beautiful. Especially the blue ones." He said in a soft sing-song tone and I can remember giggling a little. "Water'll have those crystals on it."

"Really?"

"Yeah." He confirmed as he steadily walked to the nearest rock, taking a seat. His eyes still on me. "Look just like the freckles on your cheeks."

My face went hot red at that, and I quickly had to turn away, putting the hood over my head. "That's ugly."

"Freckles?"

At first, I thought it was a rhetorical question, but he actually did wait for a reply. Although, when I didn't, he let it go. "Like I said, it's prettier at night. You should come."

"At night?"

"Why not?"

I chewed on the insides of my cheeks, then decided it was time to leave. I'd been there an hour, which is slightly longer that my normal stay. "Maybe I will."